Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I have a 2002 Murcielago (2200 miles)with faded brake calipers. Apparently these brakes are not powder coated by Brembo this model year, but were painted! They are faded out due to either brake cleaner used on them by the dealer, or over the counter wheels cleaners. Anyway, I am having them powder coated so this will not occur again. My car is pearl yellow, and I am thinking of having them done in red with the Lambo logo done in silver to match the wheels. What do guys think? I could do them in the dark grey/silver logo like original but my 360 Ferrari I had was yellow with red/black logo calipers and it looked great. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Yikes!! That's a hard call on a Pearl Yellow Murci! I really would go with Gloss Black Calipers !! That color is already so outrageous and those wheels...I'm not sure I would want to take away from the existing effect!

JMHO! :p

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
brianb said:
Hello all. I have a 2002 Murcielago (2200 miles)with faded brake calipers. Apparently these brakes are not powder coated by Brembo this model year, but were painted! They are faded out due to either brake cleaner used on them by the dealer, or over the counter wheels cleaners. Anyway, I am having them powder coated so this will not occur again. My car is pearl yellow, and I am thinking of having them done in red with the Lambo logo done in silver to match the wheels. What do guys think? I could do them in the dark grey/silver logo like original but my 360 Ferrari I had was yellow with red/black logo calipers and it looked great. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated!
I personally like the red calipers. I thought of having my black calipers powdercoated red on my yellow Diablo, as well. Please post the picture of your car when you get your calipers powdercoated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YellowMurci said:
Yellow Calipers with Black Lettering is what I am doing on my car
I thought of doing that but how do you think it will look with a different color yellow...ie. non pearl color?
Brian

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
the calipers are set far back enough from the body that i dont think it matters - i saw them on a roadster and they looked great

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.