Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a stupid question, But with these stock being all wheel drive if you turn off traction control and tried a burnout in this would it be hazardous to the front diff. Or potential damage to something else more so than a rear wheel dedicated?? I know obviously is can potentially damage any car with these quick forces but does the all wheel make this more likely. Im just curious if anyone has done it without having a 2 wheel drive conversion, More importantly if its just plain worse to do than a rear wheel drive. Thank You for your thoughts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I will qualify my answer by saying that I do not have first hand experience doing a burnout in either a 2wd or a 4wd Murci (I outgrew that decades ago) however I do know a lot about the driveline and how it would be affected during a burnout.

Simply put a burnout in a Murci is a bad idea and brutal on the driveline. Yes it 'can' do it but doing so requires overcoming the adhesion of 4 fairly large tires in a relatively heavy car while transferring loads through driveline and clutch components that are far from being over-sized to the application. Once the tires break traction and start to spin the force required lessens dramatically but the real problem is the initial force needed to get the wheels spinning. In a 4wd car these forces divide among the 4 tires making it harder to get them spinning. Doing so should not hurt the forward diff but the loads don't help it either.

To answer your second question YES it is worse on a 4wd than a 2wd application.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will qualify my answer by saying that I do not have first hand experience doing a burnout in either a 2wd or a 4wd Murci (I outgrew that decades ago) however I do know a lot about the driveline and how it would be affected during a burnout.

Simply put a burnout in a Murci is a bad idea and brutal on the driveline. Yes it 'can' do it but doing so requires overcoming the adhesion of 4 fairly large tires in a relatively heavy car while transferring loads through driveline and clutch components that are far from being over-sized to the application. Once the tires break traction and start to spin the force required lessens dramatically but the real problem is the initial force needed to get the wheels spinning. In a 4wd car these forces divide among the 4 tires making it harder to get them spinning. Doing so should not hurt the forward diff but the loads don't help it either.

To answer your second question YES it is worse on a 4wd than a 2wd application.
Thanks for the great response. That is what i was looking for. I kind of figured this to be the case. I have to agree i dont have the urge to do this as much as i used to haha, but i felt like i should try it once but after that response ill stick to doing it in my 458 haha very easy in that thing. Thanks again

·
Registered
LP640
2,286 Posts
You'll need 2WD for a standing burnout. AWD can do donuts.
The Murci can do a burnout with non-CCB brakes. When CCB heat up, they stop the fun.
Manual can do a burnout. I assume e-gear can do it with launch control and brake modulation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts