Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting a squealing noise from the back what seems to be a belt and possible tensioner, i was curious if anyone had some easy tips or tricks on how to change this to make it as easy as possible. It looks pretty difficult to get in there to change both the belt and tensioner. Does anything in the surrounding areas have to come off to make this happen? Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
It is a royal pain but can be done in the car. There are no real tricks except for:

1. Be aware that the AC pump has 5 valleys while the others all have 4 so take note of which side of the pulley does not get the belt on it. Missing this will have you throw the belt in the first mile of driving.

2. Setting the belt tension can be a trick. I made a video explaining the process:

The belt is fairly long and is normally what causes noise. It is rare for the tensioner to go bad and they are very expensive so it is not the kind of thing you do while you are at it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great! thank you for the quick response, yea i did hear about the extra groove on that pully and to make sure of that. I just was seeing how big of a pain it was to get this out while engine was in. But thank you for this video i really appreciate it. Your like the ninja of these cars lol. you helped me out with all my other questions, Thanks again!!

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
I did it while the exhaust was out of the car so I could stand in the engine bay. If I had to do it again, I would still take the exhaust out. Everything is easier around that part of the engine bay with the exhaust out.

If your alternator is original, you might consider replacing it while you're in there. They aren't expensive from what I remember, and that will make one less reason to have to go back in there after you change the belt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts