Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have done a reasonable amount of "Googling", but haven't yet found an answer to my questions, so by all means point me to the topic(s) if any exist...

I've seen the various retrim / redesign options offered by numerous vendors, but what are the options for fitting alternative steering wheels from other Lamborghini models? I have seen some brief comments on the spline fitment of Gallardo wheels but no definitive answers.

So, my questions are:
  1. Are there any other compatible steering wheels from other Lamborghini models (such as the Gallardo) for the Murcielago?
  2. If so, is the airbag compatible (wiring etc.), or do they require the original Murcielago airbag to be fitted?
  3. If the airbag from an alternative model (such as the Gallardo) is compatible, do they then require the airbag control module from the donor vehicle as well, or is the Murcielago module compatible?
If not Lamborghini, are there any other car manufacturers that are "compatible" (Audi etc.)?
I should add, I am not interested in aftermarket options, such as Momo and other similar manufacturers.

Many thanks in advance for any help offered (y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all,

I have done a reasonable amount of "Googling", but haven't yet found an answer to my questions, so by all means point me to the topic(s) if any exist...

I've seen the various retrim / redesign options offered by numerous vendors, but what are the options for fitting alternative steering wheels from other Lamborghini models? I have seen some brief comments on the spline fitment of Gallardo wheels but no definitive answers.

So, my questions are:
  1. Are there any other compatible steering wheels from other Lamborghini models (such as the Gallardo) for the Murcielago?
  2. If so, is the airbag compatible (wiring etc.), or do they require the original Murcielago airbag to be fitted?
  3. If the airbag from an alternative model (such as the Gallardo) is compatible, do they then require the airbag control module from the donor vehicle as well, or is the Murcielago module compatible?
If not Lamborghini, are there any other car manufacturers that are "compatible" (Audi etc.)?
I should add, I am not interested in aftermarket options, such as Momo and other similar manufacturers.

Many thanks in advance for any help offered (y)
Speedometer Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Tachometer

Speedometer Vehicle Car Trip computer Motor vehicle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts