Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i discovered my 2004 Murcie has the original tires, I am planning on replacing asap. I want to keep the car completely original so should I replace with P zeros? I think there are better tire choices out there but wonder how they perform. Everyones input would be great.Also would changing tires affect originality?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Depending on how many miles your car has...

If you're ultra low miles, original tires adds value for collectors. If you're using it though, not safe to be on 16 year old tires especially in such a car.

Michelin is probably at the top of the game right now as far as tire tech goes. I prefer the OEM look so I would probably go with Pirellis if the car is completely stock. On aftermarket wheels or a spare set, definitely Michelin Pilot Sports or Super Sports.

IMO

·
Registered
112 Posts
I’ve found it difficult to find PZero Rossos in stock anywhere. Corsas were easier to track down, and they pick up every pebble on the road, but wear more quickly.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
The Rosso's come and go. When I needed them, they weren't available. But I noticed TireRack had them again recently.

·
Registered
46 Posts
can you explain why this is? I thought it was more about keeping the same dimension as factory so it doesnt cause extra wear on the clutch and drivetrain...
It's because Pirelli is the only one that makes the matching diameter set for front and rear. It's not hard to find a set of 335s for the rear but finding the matching rolling circumference for the front axle doesn't exist except for with Pirelli.

I'm assuming because the Murcielago is such a small market relatively speaking it's not high priority for other manufacturers.

Apologies if I'm wrong...but this is what I understand.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help. I am planning on keeping this one cold stock. I have my Jalpa to play with mods. I will check availability. Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts