Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Invitation

Dear Roy

You are most welcome to visit and would love to show you the great Aussie outback. We have no speed limits in the Northern Territory on open highways and very little traffic so come and lets play. I also hope to get time revisit the states again some day.

You would be very welcome.

Neville

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Why do Lamborghini insist on using those behemoth exhaust boxes? One would think when the replaced the Diablo, they would've thought of changing the exhaust as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sport exhaust heat shielding ideas.

I have put the Larini exhaust on the car and only three cuts on the fingers!! It is a 6 hour job if you don't know what you are doing. You also need a freiend when you have to put the tailpipes back in place. A hoist would also be much better than a trolley jack. What I need to know is does anyone have a problem with thhe heat generated from the pipes. I have the heat shield in place but after the car has been driven and parked the rear Lamborghini badge and black lourve are far too hot to touch. It appears the steamer trunk that was the muffler had mutliple skins of insulated stainless steel. The Larini system is polished single wall stainless steel. I think I may have to heat wrap the whole system and install additional heat shiedling. If you have a larini or tubi system please post your experience with the level of heat generated in the exhaust pipe area.

On the postive side the sound of the car is awesome. Much much deeper and richer though not really much louder. I am really happy that the system is not too noisey to attract the attention of the police. Please let me know your experiences and how you coped with the radiated heat from the pipes.

Thankyou

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Neville, looks great. I have no heat issues with the Larini on my Diablo. If anything it should be cooler with that big HEATSINK out of there. more room for airflow too.

Looks like you replaced the rear cats, which I removed. That could make a difference??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts