Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I smoked my clutch for about 2 seconds tonight while I attempted a launch; 5000rpm, dropped the clutch on first, resulting in a smokey launch. I'm not going to do that again! There's a burnt oil smell now, but luckily the car still drives fine. I called my Murcie service manager and he said that I took a layer off the clutch, but that everything should still be alright. The car seems to still pull hard on all gears with no slippage. The manager told me that I should not punch the gas until the clutch has engaged fully.

Anyways, I like to know how other Lambo (especially Murcie) drivers launch their cars for the fastest 0 to whatever.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
I just walk it out of the hole and then stomp it - i wouldnt mess with a burnout attemot cause of the 4 wheel drive - plus that clutch is to expensive to play with

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cannot believe that the Murcie with its AWD system is shy about smoking tires. Why is the clutch so weak on the Murcie? I am thinking about a clutch upgrade. BTY, Murcie clutch job was quoted by my dealer at over $10k Cdn.

You know, my SL600 chirps the rear tires on second gear, but I cannot seem to do tire burnouts on the Murcie without the risk of what I did last week. I freaked out when I popped the clutch at 5000rpm and saw smoke coming from the engine instead of tires chirping. :mad: :confused:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Maybe its got to do with the fact that your SL600 is RWD and has no clutch to burn. Generally AWD cars are not easy to get off the line with clutch intact. It doesn't help that the Murcie uses a single plate clutch. 650Nm of torque means so much clamping pressure required on a single clutch. Any slip generates tremendous heat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This car is designed NOT to lose traction. Isnt this what you pay for?? Anyone can throw 600hp into a car; lambo has done this and ensures you will not break contact with the road (i.e. you can actually use the 600hp)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts