Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know of a shop which has a tuning program for the murcielago.

i am looking for an aftermarket chip that would give my murci more performance

thanks

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Take it to MILANO IMPORTS in GILROY California...........great stuff ask for Steve.........tell them I sent you..........They have done 3 of my Murcies

·
Registered
32 Posts
Carefull

Best Recomend Dont Change Programing. One If You Had A Lambo
Lap Top You Would See The Cat Temps Under Hard Load Almost
Max Out App. 900 Deg. C. For More Power Need More Fuel
Will Raise Cat Temps. Also Wont Pass Smog. Ck., No Engine Warr.
Or Ecu Warr. . Change The Exhaust, If Want Air Cleaners & Have
It Set Up With Lambo Lap Top To Set Air Balance & Ideal Speed.
When Its Time Th 15k Service (mostly Valve Adj.) Will Make It
Run Better. To Do Cam Timming Must Pull Engine & Set With
Deg. Wheel On Crank(all Four Cams Are Set By Deg. Not Marks On
The Cam.

·
Registered
32 Posts
yes can pick up power if the cams were not deg. well when motor first
built. all v12 are run on dyno beflore they go into car and then run on
dyno after in car. But sometimes a little left there to get. Alot of work
for 10-20 ponys or less.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
There is a very harsh statement of Lamborghini:
If you change anything on the engine/gearbox/cats you will loose your warranty for the entire car. I have seen the letter but it's written in german.
I wouldn't take the risk for some 5-10hp...

·
Registered
32 Posts
No risk setting cam timing. Not changing any thing just setting cam timing
to specs. I have been trained by Lamborghini at the factory to set cam
timing on both v12 and v10. I dont Know what dealers stop warr. if you mod.
your car. If you mod. engine, no warr. on engine. If you mod drive line no warr
on drive line but if the radio or other iteams malfuntion thos can be covered
under warr.. True tho i would not recomend to pull engine for a few ponies.
But if you are repl. head gsks or such then must do.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
To clarify a bit, change means f.e. remove the cats, change the engine electronic box, modify suspension etc.
It's not to adjust valve timing and these normal regular maintenance tasks.

These cars have OBDII if you remove the back cats you change the emission behaviour which results in loosing the allowance to drive the car and also because the emissions count for the car taxes it's a tax fraud in germany...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Lamborghini is a good company. If you mess something up and try to get away with it then you will pay and you should pay.

I am one of those people who buys a car then rips off those "warrantee is void if label tampered with" signs to see what makes my car tick. Whether a Ford, Mercedes, Ferrari or Lamborghini I have had "issues" but was always in contact with the companies and told them what I have been up to and why. In several cases I have broken things, used non-approved lubricants and the manufacturers have always helped me out and wanted me to stay in touch to give them follow-ups. In some cases I even said I would pay for parts but they give them to me anyway.

Ferrari USA offered me a new transaxle (for my 575 Maranello) because I complained about a very stiff second gear when new. I told them it loosened a little after switching the gear lube to Red Line. They still offered to replace the unit, even though I was using a non-approved lube. I said let's see what happens with a few thousand miles. It has since normalized now that the car has 6k miles.

My point is that if you are a sound mechanic, talk things over with the higher up's, even if you are experimenting, they will help you out. Be honest and do not try to get away with things. You will be rewarded in the end. Hell, they may even steal some of your ideas.

aehaas.

PS - I am purposely trying not to be too specific.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Jeff,
Since the cam timing is set when the engine is built(by degree I suppose) and the engine is dynoed twice before reaching rhe customer what is the process that causes the ability to gain more hp by adjusting the cams again? Can the cam timing specs change that much in a couple K miles? Are the engines just not dialed in that close to begin with in a production enviornment? Just having a higher performance clutch with a dialed in stock motor all done at the first engine out sounds like it would help immensely with performance and peace of mind. Assuming the car would be driven normally on public roads ie no racing, no clutch dumping. Would you do more? Less? Value your opinion. Thanks--Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts