Votes: 37 27.6%
  • Will pay up to $9999

Votes: 72 53.7%
  • Will pay up to $14999

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • Will pay up to $19999

Votes: 8 6.0%
121 - 140 of 158 Posts
I came up with a solid concept. Drove with it last year. This whole COVID pandemic has taken my inspiration away to build. My car sits partly taken apart. I just posted it for sale. I placed a very high price on the car as I'm not sure I really want to sell it. But, I'm also not sure if I will regain the interest to build any time soon. This car takes a lot of motivation to make it right. I'll be sure to post if that changes.
Thanks for the interest!

Is there anyone that has actually made a top for a Murci LP640 roadster? I am getting one but debating between the coupe and roadster.

Is there anyone that has actually made a top for a Murci LP640 roadster? I am getting one but debating between the coupe and roadster.
Member @rhyno just posted in another thread that:

Steve from Driven Exotics has done this and can make them in CF or fiberglass. It was not a simple process as the R&D was extremely high!
I also saw a Murcielago Roadster with a CF roof on Instagram:

If I had seen this ... I might have held on to my Roadster ...

Update: Will be scanning the car in the next couple weeks which means they've started (or will be soon). As mentioned, this has been a long wait. Trying to keep this updated but until we know what the process will look like I don't want to promise anything quite yet. Just know, that it's with (what I feel) is the most capable place to make this happen in high quality and hopefully reproducible. Thanks for being patient.. as I have for the past 2 years and my car has been there for the past year so I've missed it dearly.

Just out of curiosity did you contact Steve at Driven Exotics? He has made a roof and you wouldn’t need to go through the process/time of starting one from scratch.

Just out of curiosity did you contact Steve at Driven Exotics? He has made a roof and you wouldn’t need to go through the process/time of starting one from scratch.
I did and he said to email him then I never heard back... From what it sounds like when we spoke, it was 9 years ago when he did it and it took a ton of time according to him in order to get it right with fit and finish... It appears like it was a great solution but super labor intensive.

In my situation, we are scanning the window brackets for the soft top (between A & B pillars) to ensure it lines up with window, etc.. and then that would be incorporated into the actual top... hopefully a 2 piece (like the Porsche CGT) so it can be stored in the frunk when removed. We are using the best technology available to make this happen.

Again, more to come but I have a ton of time already into this process and Steve wasn't the best to respond as I was curious on his costs and processes which I received neither other than what I explained above when him and I spoke briefly.

Someone on Facebook selling a LP roadster with hard top.
Reach out to the seller and get the designer's info, please.

He almost certainly has a mold and can start cranking these out for the community.
A word of advice: ask about pricing before directing him to this thread.

I think the design could be done much easier and with a better design that has some aesthetic love.
We should have a thread where we the people can submit sketches of an ideal Murci roadster top. I know people that can put it into action.
still don’t know why Lamborghini designers didn’t just continue the light weight carbon design of the Diablo roadster.

Proud to announce:

I am starting the works on building Hardtop. Brought my car today on the ramp to remove interior parts. I will not be offering hardtop untill I will build it to not mess around like most of the people who never got them done.
I must achieve the final effect as it's impossible to drive this car here in Poland with this soft top except perfect weather days which are very limited here.

Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Proud to announce:

I am starting the works on building Hardtop. Brought my car today on the ramp to remove interior parts. I will not be offering hardtop untill I will build it to not mess around like most of the people who never got them done.
I must achieve the final effect as it's impossible to drive this car here in Poland with this soft top except perfect weather days which are very limited here.

View attachment 338756

That's exciting.
I hope you'll keep sharing updates as things progress.

121 - 140 of 158 Posts