Votes: 72 53.7%
  • Will pay up to $14999

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • Will pay up to $19999

Votes: 8 6.0%

Murci Roadster Hardtop

3M views 157 replies 67 participants last post by  rhyno 
#1 · (Edited)
A few were already made or planned to do but none of them has been looking as good as this one.

It's made of carbon and one of only two prototype to test for improvements.
High speed test was done up to 220kmh and rain test as well, some issues with fixation and water protection adressed.

Please write your feeling about this hardtop, in discussion are price you would pay for such a piece, if you like the inserts like the headlights or if they should be left away, do you prefer the sight carbon or normal carbon painted in car colour.
Of course the piece will be cheaper without the inserts and with normal carbon painted in the cars colour, therefore your opinion is welcomed.

The owner of the roadster will also chime in to answer questions

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I mostly like it...mostly

Not sure what the shapes are on the top - windows? dont see them on the inside.

I`m in the market for a hardtop - I drive my roadster a few days a week and keep the roof on for a couple weeks at a time - I`d get use out of this roof.

However - those details on the top are really a turn off. Enough to not purchase? Yes.

Am I a genuine potential customer ? yes.

But those details have to go to get my wallet open.

Also it would be great to see a video.

Thanks Donnie

#6 ·
Not sure what the shapes are on the top - windows? dont see them on the inside.

However - those details on the top are really a turn off. Enough to not purchase? Yes.
These inserts are like the headlights, it's a design gimmick and will for sure be left away, the production will de done in carbon, the difference is a) you see the clear bra covered carbon (sight carbon) or normal which is painted in car coulour.

#4 ·
Judging from the pictures, it's not possible to store the roof anywhere but the garage... Is there any way to fix it on the engine bay, much like the Diablo Roadster?

I think it would look great with a full transparent section, I believe Affolter used to have this for the Diablo?

I'd offer them both in plain carbon and painted version :)

#5 ·
Hey Raymond

I think it looks great. I like it without the inserts and love carbon fiber so I would go with that. I think that you can offer both carbon and fiberglas and have different price points so that you have a wider audience.

Other than that, that is the best hard top I have seen.

This post has been deleted
#7 ·
1. not yet, I have to ask them
2. see 1st post of the thread, 12 pictures...

#12 ·
I got my colleague on the phone...

At the moment they are producing the second prototype, the final version will not have the windows like the headlights anymore.

Price for the painted variant 16'000 Euro, carbon 18'000 Euro.
Production shall begin in the first quarter of 2010.

My colleague can provide a direct contact to the company since he is not interested to be middleman.

#14 ·
Here the producers website, as mentioned the headlight like windows will disappear.
OPAC TeamPortfolio

#15 ·
I checked into the carbon hardtop for a Murcielago at Dimex Group: Ferrari, Maserati, Lamborghini, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Tuning und Zubehoer: Home. A good looking roof but they also want 16,000 Euro for it. I just do not understand why these would be so expensive. They are pricing a lot of people out of the buying market. I am sure we could all afford that amount, but it just seems silly. I can not see many people paying more than $10,000 for one as the survey suggests.

#17 · (Edited)
That's the ugly piece Ital Design makes since a few years...
Why it's that expensive? Consider the price for the CF interior parts the factory bills, the problem is the cost of the material, the needed forms to make it and finally the labour you have to invest to produce it.
I have a friend working in the CF compartment of a formula one team, this material is extremely expensive and labour intensive.

All these costs you have to break down to the low number of Roadsters and there to the even lower number of owners willing to buy one.

I'm with you that it should not cost more than a 4 digit amount but the calculations don't allow...

#16 ·
I think at 16,000 euro,there would not be many buyers.That's too high even though it's a great looking top.They should price it between 5-10k US dollar.

#19 ·
if it is the carbon material that is so expensive why not build one out of fiberglass or similar material and offer colour matched. This worked fine for vehicles like Mercedes for years. Since this roof will not fit in the boot it is not that crucial it be light as you would not be taking it on and off that often, certainly not during one outing.

#21 ·
Ive talked to them

Its by far the best looking i think,Im ready to buy.I would like to see in person.The last time we talked they were making an issue about not having the the actual car to make adjustments in final fit.WTF how can that happen.
Ive seen one made in FL for 14000 sounds good but just doesn't look as good.
If anyone has a up date please let me know.

#24 ·
Looking to order a hardtop asap for car I have just sold to a client, the opac hardtop looks fine, as with most people I believe its very over priced, but there seems to be very few options, and I am aware of some horror stories of companys going bust.
I am waiting to hear back from Luca Sacco who deals with the hardtops for opacgroup, they are only a 2 hour flight from the uk so hopefully I can nip over there early next week to get something sorted.
If anyone knows of another company to contact who maybe able to help I am very eager to explore all avenues to benefit m client.
Carl
ZeroIdentity.com

#25 ·
Looking to order a hardtop asap for car I have just sold to a client, the opac hardtop looks fine, as with most people I believe its very over priced, but there seems to be very few options, and I am aware of some horror stories of companys going bust.
I am waiting to hear back from Luca Sacco who deals with the hardtops for opacgroup, they are only a 2 hour flight from the uk so hopefully I can nip over there early next week to get something sorted.
If anyone knows of another company to contact who maybe able to help I am very eager to explore all avenues to benefit m client.
Carl
ZeroIdentity.com