Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lambo Lovers!
I have an '08 Murci and am finding I'm driving it more frequently these days, becoming my daily driver! Just love the 'beast. I'd be grateful for insight/experience/links to prior posts:

Have any of you upgraded the headlights to brighter bulbs? If so, any recommendations, any problems/what to look out for?

Also, I'm upgrading to Fabspeed x pipe with supersport cat. Anyone with experience? Insight? Problems to look out for?

Finally, my mechanic informs me swapping out 18 inch OEM wheels/tire set up for anything different will screw up the front diff. How accurate is this? Can I go to larger wheels without significant risks? If so, any recommendations?

Finally, any recommendations on minimizing wear and tear on the OEM clutch? (I usually avoid driving in 1st gear as well as shift to N at stops) Any suggestions on what to eventually replace the original with once it dies?

Many thanks !!

A

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
For the bulbs, you may be able to find an LED substitute by searching, but the first course of action is make sure your headlights are aimed correctly. It seems the factory set them pretty low, so a simple adjustment upward (within legal and non-annoying to oncoming traffic limits) may make it good enough for you.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
To save clutch, I’ve been told to shift to neutral when at a stoplight. That advice conflicts with what’s been presented in this thread.
Can anyone definitely post what the truth is? 😎

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks to all of you!
I've also been informed to Neutral when coming to a stop.
My mechanic won't convert - he's seen too many rear spin out
A

·
Registered
412 Posts
To save clutch, I’ve been told to shift to neutral when at a stoplight. That advice conflicts with what’s been presented in this thread.
Can anyone definitely post what the truth is? 😎
You'll reduce wear shifting to neutral before the car begins its downshift routine, since otherwise you're engaging/disengaging however many gears there are between current and 1. I almost always do this unless I've got a passenger who gets a kick out of the rev blips.

Giving it enough gas to properly engage the clutch as quickly as possible is also important as someone pointed out earlier. Anything less and it's just slipping while partially engaged.

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
You can change wheel size, but have to keep within the oem front/rear tire variation. If you stay with an 18" wheel you have to go Pirelli as the other manufacturers are outside of the OEM variation.

Fabspeed is a popular upgrade, but with the LP640 you will lose the valved exhaust with their system (unless you only purchase the muffler portion - which allows you to retain factory tip & primary cat pipes).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you white out. I am a bit confused by your suggestion about possibility of changing the wheel. Mechanic/others say not good, but perhaps you found a solution? Can you please give me example of "...have to keep within the oem front/rear tire variation." as you note. Much appreciated, and thank you for your fabspeed comment ; )

A

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
thank you white out. I am a bit confused by your suggestion about possibility of changing the wheel. Mechanic/others say not good, but perhaps you found a solution? Can you please give me example of "...have to keep within the oem front/rear tire variation." as you note. Much appreciated, and thank you for your fabspeed comment ; )

A
You need to convert the car to rear wheel drive with a kit to be able to run other tires or other wheels. There's a kit for $1500 to do it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks so much very grateful.
Have you done this? (wheels and/or conversion?)
If so, what are your thoughts? Driving experience? My mechanic won't do it - thinks it spins the back too aggressively (for newbies perhaps?)
much appreciated,
Adam

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
thanks so much very grateful.
Have you done this? (wheels and/or conversion?)
If so, what are your thoughts? Driving experience? My mechanic won't do it - thinks it spins the back too aggressively (for newbies perhaps?)
much appreciated,
Adam
No, but if you do a little searching you'll find tons of posts with people giving their impressions of 2WD.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts

A
If you want a larger wheel (19"+) you can achieve that by keeping the variance of size between the front and rear tire diameter variation within the factory spec, if the tires are outside of that spec it will overheat the front differential. That is likely why a mechanic is saying to not change anything - the Murci has a reputation for burning up the front diff with aftermarket wheels as people run incorrect size tires.
The specifications are here: Correct Tire Size Ratio for Murcielago AWD

If you want to run a different tire from Pirelli on the 18" wheels or tires outside of the factory spec for larger wheels, you will have to go RWD as all other tire manufactures outside of the factory spec.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts