Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the typical cost people are paying for a murci lp640 clutch replacement? Assume clutch and throwout bearing.

Thanks

·
Registered
2019 huracan performante 2008 murcielago lp640
18 Posts
Cost is all over the place as a big chuck is labor. Its not cheap. But I've read about this quite enough to be convinced to go for a kevlar clutch rather than an OEM when mine is due for a change.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
A clutch replacement labor costs about $5-8k depending on whether you get it done at a dealer or an independent shop and where you live.

OEM Murci clutch retails for $5,000-5,500 depending on if you have a Pre-LP or LP640. If you want an OEM, we have them in stock and can get you a good discount.

We have the best Kevlar clutches on the market. We have a few different models that lasts up to 350% longer than a stock clutch. We also have lightweight Murci Kevlar clutches.

You can read more about our clutches here and our customer's feedbacks. It has over 480 posts so be patient and read them all. There are more pictures after post #200.

If you have any questions, feel free to email or call us.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey man, I have tried a couple kevlar clutches with my car, and I had some issues in the past with one supplier. We had to replace the clutch twice and it still didnt work, car would not shift out of gear or would hang up between gears and the clutch just wouldnt engage / disengage properly. Sean called me and got me a Hi-Tech Exotic HT300 clutch and the car has been perfect ever since, I would absolutely go with Sean and HI-Tech!

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Hey man, I have tried a couple kevlar clutches with my car, and I had some issues in the past with one supplier. We had to replace the clutch twice and it still didnt work, car would not shift out of gear or would hang up between gears and the clutch just wouldnt engage / disengage properly. Sean called me and got me a Hi-Tech Exotic HT300 clutch and the car has been perfect ever since, I would absolutely go with Sean and HI-Tech!
Thank you for your great comments. That's why we always say that not all Kevlar clutches are the same. We made Kevlar famous because we use high quality Kevlar material.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW, what's wrong with your clutch? How many miles do you have on it?
I have an oil leak that looks to be the rear main seal so its an engine out job, my clutch has 13000 miles on it so seems to be false economy not to change it if my engine is out, what are your thoughts on the throw out bearing?

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
I have an oil leak that looks to be the rear main seal so its an engine out job, my clutch has 13000 miles on it so seems to be false economy not to change it if my engine is out, what are your thoughts on the throw out bearing?
It's always a good idea to replace the bearing when you replace the clutch. If the bearing goes bad, it might leak on your new clutch.

We also recommend to replace the rear main seal and the pilot bearing because it might leak on your new clutch and that's probably what's happening with yours.

You should also replace the clutch position sensor. If the sensor goes bad, then you have to take the engine out again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts