Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
its pretty detailed. i just would like to know where he found mobil 1 10w40 i looked through half of nyc with no luck. finally settled for syntech 10w40.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have been advised that "jacking up" a Lamborghini runs the risk of doing minor damage like cracking body panel parts to the worst damage of bending the frame. This is why you must be careful when changing a flat and why you never change tires yourself. you should use a lift. I was advised it is not the mistake of putting the jack in the wrong place, it is the act of twisting the car by lifting one corner at a time.
To change the oil, you likely will need to raise the car in this method.

Not sure if this was a bunch of BS, but I would want to clarify this before you lift the car up to change the oil.

You need a real lift or a pit if that is the case.

Can anyone confirm if there is a risk using a hydraulic jack to lift up one wheel of the car at a time?

·
Registered
46 Posts
there is a jacking point about halfway between the front and rear tires. I have done this a few times and the whole side of the car comes off the ground. I dont know of any other factory jacking points so i dont lift it any other way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts