Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I’ve been following along with this little contest for the last few days and it has been interesting. Especially across the hall at rennlist where a lot of guys are excited about the 992 turbo s (me included). But...there is some disappointment there after today.

I have been on the hunt for a replacement for my 991.2 turbo s and my personal contenders were, in no particular order a 991.2 GT3RS, Huracan Evo RWD, 992 turbo s and a used 2018 720s. Yesterday, I basically made up my mind for the EVO and have a lead on a few cars that I really like.

Today, while on the with a sales rep, he dropped the winner on me. I won’t share what car one. You can check it out here: https://www.motortrend.com/cars/lam...t-drivers-car-winner-lamborghini-huracan-evo/.

To say the least, I am pretty excited about my choice! I am a little giddy actually. My philosophy in life is to be able to buy and collect cars that excite me and make my heart beat faster while I drive the piss out of them and pretend I’m on the set of Top Gear.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,011 Posts
I have owned a 718 Cayman S, 2019 991.2 GT3-RS and a 2018 GT2-RS and a 2019 Huracan 580-2........I like the Huracan best of all so far. I have an EVO arriving on Saturday I am sure it will check all the boxes otherwise back to the drawing board.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have owned a 718 Cayman S, 2019 991.2 GT3-RS and a 2018 GT2-RS and a 2019 Huracan 580-2........I like the Huracan best of all so far. I have an EVO arriving on Saturday I am sure it will check all the boxes otherwise back to the drawing board.
Can you tell me why you like the Huracan best of all? I have 3 cars I’m actively looking at right now and I really am falling in love with the design and the motor. Just curious to see your pers since this would be my first Lamborghini.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,011 Posts
Can you tell me why you like the Huracan best of all? I have 3 cars I’m actively looking at right now and I really am falling in love with the design and the motor. Just curious to see your pers since this would be my first Lamborghini.
I found that with the Huracan it is the total package: reliable, exquisite interior and exterior design, drivability, and the sound of that 10 cylinder is amazing. My 2019 580-2 is around 573 hp and 398lb-ft of torque which is more than enough for quick acceleration and pretty good top end speeds. TBH, I loved the big wing and the Lizard Green color of my 3RS but it was all show and no go, that is, it took forever to get the the 9k rpms and I thought to myself how boring. I put around 4K miles on it and traded it and I am not sorry I did. We say this often on the forum and it's absolutely true with Lamborghini you have the incredible Italian design (interior/exterior are fantastic) and highly competent German engineering so it's the best of both worlds. I doubt I would ever buy another Porsche because with Lamborghini and the Huracan I am "home".
@Turbo Racer, go for a test drive and judge for yourself. Don't take my opinion or the opinion of those YouTube shills............their reviews are for the most part tainted and influenced by the manufacturer. Your reaction to the car is what's most important and compare it with the 3RS and one thing is for certain your experience must be the deciding factor.
Good Luck on your quest!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,011 Posts
@Turbo Racer, I want to relate my foray into Porsche and the sports car realm and it hopefully reveals that when I choose it's not for image or to simply impress but all about the experience. I started by test driving a new 981 Cayman at the Porsche dealership and my first reaction uncomfortable and boring so my wife and I were about to leave the dealership and the salesman said try the new 718 Cayman. At the time 981, 718 I thought what's this guy talking about. So I test drove the 718 and man was that fun. So I thought it was so much fun I need to try a 718 Cayman S and you got it it was even more exciting, actually thrilling. So on another day we decided to keep going up the food chain for a new and better high and went and test drove a new 2017 911 Carrera and boy was that a let down so we drove the car back to the dealership and they had a new 911 Carrera S with the Sports Package and we test drove that again it was a little faster but nothing like that mighty mouse, the 718 CS. After our experience with the test drives we went straight away and ordered a 718 CS. The 911s felt like family sports cars and the 718 felt like a little road rocket. Some of my friends were aghast that I would choose the lowly 718 and not the prestigious/impressive 911 model but as I have said it's not about image it's about the experience.
Long winded way of saying once again hop in a Huracan and let your heart and soul be the judge. Honestly, if I had to reboot my Sports Car foray I would start and end with Lamborghini completely sidestepping Porsche.
Lastly, choose what excites you the most because when it comes down to it your opinion is the only one that really matters!

·
Registered
213 Posts
@ lambo2018
Thanks for the input....i currently have a 2018 gt3 manual...Miami Blue and contemplated unloading for a evo rwd.
But my issue is i don’t love the new interior and rear of the H...otherwise i like the car.
I also have a spyder r8 v10 with a manual which is basically same motor just slower version of the H.
Sounds you found your new love....after testing a few cars and a few dollars.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,011 Posts
@ lambo2018
Thanks for the input....i currently have a 2018 gt3 manual...Miami Blue and contemplated unloading for a evo rwd.
But my issue is i don’t love the new interior and rear of the H...otherwise i like the car.
I also have a spyder r8 v10 with a manual which is basically same motor just slower version of the H.
Sounds you found your new love....after testing a few cars and a few dollars.
Welcome. I expressed my truth, a truth that resonates with me but that "truth" may be different for each of us. The key for me is to have fun..........BTW, I Love Miami Blue........enjoy your GT3!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Turbo Racer, I want to relate my foray into Porsche and the sports car realm and it hopefully reveals that when I choose it's not for image or to simply impress but all about the experience. I started by test driving a new 981 Cayman at the Porsche dealership and my first reaction uncomfortable and boring so my wife and I were about to leave the dealership and the salesman said try the new 718 Cayman. At the time 981, 718 I thought what's this guy talking about. So I test drove the 718 and man was that fun. So I thought it was so much fun I need to try a 718 Cayman S and you got it it was even more exciting, actually thrilling. So on another day we decided to keep going up the food chain for a new and better high and went and test drove a new 2017 911 Carrera and boy was that a let down so we drove the car back to the dealership and they had a new 911 Carrera S with the Sports Package and we test drove that again it was a little faster but nothing like that mighty mouse, the 718 CS. After our experience with the test drives we went straight away and ordered a 718 CS. The 911s felt like family sports cars and the 718 felt like a little road rocket. Some of my friends were aghast that I would choose the lowly 718 and not the prestigious/impressive 911 model but as I have said it's not about image it's about the experience.
Long winded way of saying once again hop in a Huracan and let your heart and soul be the judge. Honestly, if I had to reboot my Sports Car foray I would start and end with Lamborghini completely sidestepping Porsche.
Lastly, choose what excites you the most because when it comes down to it your opinion is the only one that really matters!
Thanks for your impressions. I completely agree with that. I’ve always liked what I like and you know, it’s kind of strange living in LA where a lot of the town is about image but for me, it’s always been about what the car does for me. I can geek out about the amazing technology cars have and even how the aftermarket mods can make and sometimes break a car, in more ways than one. I remember buying a 996 turbo in 2003 and that was so much fun! One of the best cars I’ve ever owned and the only car I’ve ever bought a second time. I bought another one a couple of years ago and made it into a race car and have not regretted it.
‘’as far as modern Porsche goes I have a 991.2 turbo s and the car is fantastic overall (see pictures below). But for me, I didn’t feel the thrill that I want and so I’m selling it To make room for the Huracan. I very much like the pageantry and experience that I feel when I’m driving the car and as you said, the German tech with the Italian design is a perfect match. the one thing I love about Porsche is you can drive and drive these cars hard and they don’t break. They are bullet proof. With the Huracan, you have the audi v10 with a porsche pdk transmission and that’s a beautiful thing. I like that glorious exha tone and i think it will give me endless smiles. And the styling is just gorgeous
B2AD6C79-18C4-419E-B527-0C0D8DA8A18D.jpeg

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw this car yesterday and it is just beautiful in Le Mans blue, but I don’t like the smaller wheels. Like the other optional wheels better. Looks like there is too much space under the wheel wells.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,011 Posts
Your Turbo S is sweet, no doubt. Between you and I, I don't much care for the 992 with the digital display and the electric shaver for a shifter but opinions do differ and that's what makes the world an interesting place. BTW, the only car I miss is my 718 CS............Good luck with your test drive and either way you will know what to choose in short order. My motto when in doubt have fun! ;)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,011 Posts
I saw this car yesterday and it is just beautiful in Le Mans blue, but I don’t like the smaller wheels. Like the other optional wheels better. Looks like there is too much space under the wheel wells.
Are those 19s?

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are those 19s?
Yes. The aesir wheels are 20s and look fantastic. These are very nice wheels but I just like the other ones better. Also, I’m trying to decide on sport vs. comfort seats. I saw the other recent thread about those and read through it. It also seems like a matter of personal preference so the only thing is for me to sit in each and make up my own mind. I do like the carbon and design over the standard seats. So we’ll see.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,011 Posts
Yes. The aesir wheels are 20s and look fantastic. These are very nice wheels but I just like the other ones better. Also, I’m trying to decide on sport vs. comfort seats. I saw the other recent thread about those and read through it. It also seems like a matter of personal preference so the only thing is for me to sit in each and make up my own mind. I do like the carbon and design over the standard seats. So we’ll see.
Understood. When in doubt try it out! Let us know your impressions when you get a chance.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Narrowed it down to a couple of cars. All coupes. Black, white and blue. All look amazing and now I’m in the final decision making point. to some degree, it comes down to money and how much I get for a trade. I’m also curious how much I can get off MSRP?

·
Registered
15 Posts
SWhere are you finding them? When I was looking I had to call every dealer in the country it was a pain in the ass. They said corporate restricts how many cars each dealer can advertise new or used..crazy.
im waiting for a used rwd to pop up, otherwise my understanding new is at sticker.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
No question inventory is low. Worth the hunt.

I respect everyone's personal preference, but...
i don’t love the new interior and rear of the H...
I totally don't get your comment.
gt3rear.jpg

Vs...

evo rwd rear.jpg

There really isn't a comparison... In my biased opinion.

Reactions: Coincident
1 - 20 of 44 Posts