Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the most fun you have had owning a Lamborghini or any other supercar? If you have not had that special time yet with your exotic car what is it that you would like to do?

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I personally think the Running of the Bulls I attended were the most fun times I had in my car. This year was particularly special.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't own an exotic but plan on owning an exotic, Lamborghini or other, either way (preferably a Lambo). My plans are definitely not to keep it garaged, I would probably take it down to have some fun at autocross and perhaps to some club events, it would definitely be an investment I would take advantage to have fun with. Running of the bulls would be a BLAST! I've never owned a car that I didn't have fun with yet.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
With out a doubt the drives back from So Cal to Washington State. I always take the secondary roiads, like Hwy395 through East Oregon from Reno into Idaho, through Eastern Washington and on-to Seattle.

These areas have had real hard times with taxes and you find that they have NO police response except for emergency call outs between mostly midnight and 6:00AM. When you call their dispatch they readily give you this info, (call saying you want to report gas theft).

These are the cool hours to travel, high speed, full moon, no traffic on WIDE open roads!!!

RoyToy2003 ;)

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
That question really gets me drooling for a caravan run, however unlikey that is living in Oklahoma. I've never even seen a Diablo on the road much less travel in a Pack of them :( Anytime I can go on a 100-200 mile drive is great though. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would love to pick one up right from the factory, and drive around Europe. I'd go through the Alps, take it on the Autobahn and get a few laps around the Nurunburg (not sure how to spell it) race track. Then I'd ship it back to the US and drive through the southwest, and see all the canyons and national parks.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Hell, I have fun everyday.

Most days it is just a good feeling of driving something responsive and powerful. Occasionally, you have one of those magic drives when everything comes together - the car, the road, the weather, the lack of traffic - when you wish it could go on forever. I have a few dozen of those in my memory!

I like that idea of picking up a car from the factory and driving through Europe and then sending it home - that would be something. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
ltadmin said:
Ah Com'on, don't we have any BAD DOGS in the Pac with "stories to tell"??????
;)
Well, yes - but I think I'm already "skating on thin ice", especially in the 50 mile radius around my home, as I normally go out for a 1/2 hour to 1 hour "fun drive" every Saturday and Sunday morning. These cars are just so addictive, and they goad you on to drive faster all the time, especially as you become familiar with the extreme capabilities of the car.

Thing is, what we consider as "normal and safe" Lambo driving, that we know is well within the safe capabilities of ourselves, and our cars, can be considered by other mere mortals as downright reckless and dangerous - I guess.

But I take care to drive within my own limititations, the cars, and the road conditions.

So, I am just waiting for the day when Mr PC Plod turns up on my doorstep and says :- Are you the owner of a yellow Lamborghini? We have had several complaints regarding your reckless and dangerous driving in our neighbourhood.

Who me?

·
Registered
94 Posts
My favorite moment so far was on a early Sunday morning. I was on my way to pick my son up from Boy Scout camp about 90 minutes away. I was cruising down a six lane highway at about 80 mph with no other cars on the road. I see a speck in my mirror coming up fast. A few seconds later a new twin turbo 911 came by me at 120 mph. I pulled up on his ass and we just cruised nose to tail for the next 20-25 minutes at 120-130. It wasn't the fastest I've been but it was a great drive on a perfect day (78 degrees and beautiful). The road stayed clear and we never broke speed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well this particular time wasn't "the most fun" but it kinda tickled me. I was driving home from work on a narrow and twisty country road in the Countach. I had left a fair gap between myself and the car in front, which was part of a column of around four or five cars. Because of all the corners and trees lining the road you could never see far enough ahead to make a safe overtake so I just settled down and cruised in line.

Then I saw headlights in my mirrors and a Lotus Elan overtook me and pulled into the space in front of me, clearly taking quite a risk in the process. At first I was angry he put me at risk (I would have been in the thick of it if a car had come round the bend while he was overtaking) and I figured I should overtake him to get my own back. But then I had a "moment of clarity", remembered I was in the world's most incredible car (IMHO) and figured "why bother?". It's not like he had actually pulled off any kind of victory. He could hardly claim his Lotus was faster than my Lambo, just because he pulled off such a lunatic maneuvre. I still had the better of him, just because I was in a Lambo. He overtook me for one reason and one reason only - just because I was driving a better car than him. If I had been in my Cruiser he probably wouldn't have done it. But his victory was hollow and meaningless. And after my realisation, I just smirked, adjusted my grip on the steering wheel of the World's Greatest Car and tailed him for a bit, secure in the knowledge that the next time he was out drinking he'd inevitably claim his Lotus smoked a Countach, and endure the smirks on his audience's faces.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The most fun I have had was driving my cars up to the Montreal Grand Prix a few years ago. We drove up to Boston and picked up friends from another forum all along the way. We had six Ferraris chasing each other through the incredible mountain roads of Vermont. I was driving my Testarossa and my dad was driving my 355 spider. The roads were fabulous, the scenery was incredible and our day wasn't even spoiled by the errant moose we found camped out in the middle of the road around a nearly blind bend (thanks Brembo!!) or the psycho trucker who must've escaped from the Joyride set to teach us punks about road manners in Vermont. My dad later said it was the best father's day present I could've given him.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its pretty obvious to me that we like driving our cars. This is great stuff and some really good stories. I myself have had the best drives in my Lamborghinis and I just cannot get over the looks, sound, and feel of these cars old or new. Puts a smile on my face every time I get in one, and the people that these cars make happy is beyond words weather you are the driver, passenger, or just an onlooker.

·
Registered
93 Posts
evivo said:
Puts a smile on my face every time I get in one, and the people that these cars make happy is beyond words weather you are the driver, passenger, or just an onlooker.

Agreed. When I drive past in my Countach, people actually grin from ear to ear. It brightens up their day and is like driving past in a flowery-feel-good-hippy-van sending out happy-vibes to all. Except about a million times faster and cooler :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
One of the best thing is when you pass a car load of kids and they start jumping out of their skin, pointing and waving.

Once I took the Countach to Hollywood video and dropped off my rentals through the outside drop door. The next time I went in to rent movies the worker at the front desk pulled up my account to do a check out. She reads me a note left in the system by another worker. It reads "Tell the member, nice Lamborghini". Another time in front of the same Hollywood video a father with two young boys about 6-7 yrs old came walking up as I was about to get back into it. I hear him say to the boys, "go ahead and ask him". I turned around and they shyly walked up and asked me several questions about the car. I then asked them if they would like to sit in it. They got grins on their face from ear to ear. If they are anything like me, they will be talking about that experience for the rest of their lives. It's times like that, that you really remember.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Taking friends or family for rides. For that matter, even people you don't know that are entusiasts about the car for a little journey. Feels great.

·
Banned
0 Posts
john said:
My favorite moment so far was on a early Sunday morning. I was on my way to pick my son up from Boy Scout camp about 90 minutes away. I was cruising down a six lane highway at about 80 mph with no other cars on the road. I see a speck in my mirror coming up fast. A few seconds later a new twin turbo 911 came by me at 120 mph. I pulled up on his ass and we just cruised nose to tail for the next 20-25 minutes at 120-130. It wasn't the fastest I've been but it was a great drive on a perfect day (78 degrees and beautiful). The road stayed clear and we never broke speed.
Beatiful. I wouldnt have let him go though. Reminds me of something similar that happen to me. I was rolling down the PCH, in S. Cali. And I pass a Porsche Delearship right? And as I pass by a brand spankin new Porsche 911 Turbo busts out, and gets right in my ass. I was like, whatever, until he juked from behind me to the next lane and slammed on the gas. Oh boy, he had it coming, or so I thought, there was a red light in front of us, we both slowed down, he was a gentlemen in about his late 40s to early 50s, had a cigar in his mouth, I wanted to laugh, he had his window lowered, he glanced at my vehicle and than looked at me, motioning me to lower my window. So I did. "Nice car." He says. "Thanks." I reply, he revvs his engine, and yells "Turbo." I laugh and say "Twin Turbo." I did not rev, but I knew he got the message :evil: He sees my V12 placed next to my Lexanis. And does a little: "Hmph!" and proceeds to rev his engine. I raise my window, pissed that I lowered it right after getting a car wash. It left streaks you know. And the light snapped green. And everything thereforth was lost in blur as all 600 lbs of Torque slammed into me, rocketing me off the line, the Porsche growing smaller and smaller in the rear view. This time I couldnt hold it in, I deserved a grin, I even had my ESP on. Loser. At the next light, he lowered his window, and I followed. "I just got it, I still need to get cut-outs and a chip in it." I looked at him but din't respond, and when the light turned green a few minutes later and he slammed on the gas, I waited a full second and than some, before proceeding to unleash the beast. Porsche people are extremly cocky. :whip: Sorry its so long.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts