Lamborghini Talk banner

Is it worth getting Coutts World Silk Card?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We know the most exclusive are J.P. Morgan Reserve Card, formerly known as the Palladium Card; American Express Centurion Card, known informally as the Amex Black Card (you have to be the cardholder of the American Express Platinum for at least one year and to have had charged at least $2,500 within this time).

Coutts World Silk Card is the card of royals e.g. Queen Elizabeth of England.

·
Registered
412 Posts
It's kind of weird. I feel like if I had the wealth where I'd actually make use of such services/benefits of these cards, I'd rather just pay a concierge service provider so I could have the same consistent person handle everything, or hire my own if it was wealth to the point of a full time staffer, rather than have a credit card company try to fill that need. Plus, at that point you probably don't need the credit card company to be able to pull the right strings to the supposed exclusive events, restaurants, etc. they claim to be able to get you into.

My wife pays the amex platinum fee but only because we frequently travel through DEN where there's a centurion lounge, and the other benefits like uber eats, etc. all add up to more savings than cost for the card. So we get pretty good value out of that, but we've never used any of the services like go book a concert for me.

·
Administrator
4,015 Posts
I've never heard of this car personally, but for me, cards with the most value are the best. I have many credit cards, including Centurion, and they all provide their value. Centurion has raised the price as of a couple years ago and honestly it's not worth it as much as it used to be. I have multiple business platinum cards and personal platinum as well and they each provide something of value. As far as status cards, not sure which one is the best, but I prefer the card that provides me the most value.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
It's funny how they name these cards, the Black Card used to be so exclusive and now Visa has a White Card. Makes you wonder in this day and age you would think they could come up with something other than White and Black.

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
@static_analysis , it’s still invite however, you can go onto the centurion website and submit a request to be considered. If they approve you they will email you.

Like @pdisme, I also have the Amex Platinum and it’s my only card. My wife and I travel a lot and we use all of the benefits. It’s been a good card for me ever since I joined platinum in 2013. I don’t mind the cheap annual payment because the benefits make up for it and them some. Their customer service is very good and the times I’ve used the concierge, they have also been very helpful.

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
@static_analysis , it’s still invite however, you can go onto the centurion website and submit a request to be considered. If they approve you they will email you.

Like @pdisme, I also have the Amex Platinum and it’s my only card. My wife and I travel a lot and we use all of the benefits. It’s been a good card for me ever since I joined platinum in 2013. I don’t mind the cheap annual payment because the benefits make up for it and them some. Their customer service is very good and the times I’ve used the concierge, they have also been very helpful.
I feel the same with AX Plum card. I buy from all over the planet and never a problem even with purchases above $100k. In fact I tried to buy my EVO with my dealer said no

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
I feel the same with AX Plum card. I buy from all over the planet and never a problem even with purchases above $100k. In fact I tried to buy my EVO with my dealer said no
Lmao! I tried to buy my R8 with my Amex and Fletcher Jones Audi in Costa Mesa said I can only use $10k on a card because of fees the have to pay…..

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
Lmao! I tried to buy my R8 with my Amex and Fletcher Jones Audi in Costa Mesa said I can only use $10k on a card because of fees the have to pay…..
Yes the fee kills it on some big purchases. Could easily be $7 to &10k on a Lamborghini.

·
Banned
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's funny how they name these cards, the Black Card used to be so exclusive and now Visa has a White Card. Makes you wonder in this day and age you would think they could come up with something other than White and Black.
White Card, Black Card etc. is ez to remember.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I was able to get about $25k on a card towards my wife's Audi several years ago, that was awesome.

I do mostly everything on cards even up to about a 2% card fee. The way we use our rewards is for hotel stays at ski-in/ski-out resorts; I can see as high as 6-7% redemption rate with the way we use the points combined with the Hyatt Globalist benefits and suite upgrades. With covid and distance learning for my kid last season I think we redeemed points for what would have cost about $45k for skiing in Colorado. I'll put no-fee charges on a Marriott Amex until I've got enough points for specific trips, but otherwise it all goes on Hyatt because Marriott's redemption rate sucks at 1.5% if I'm lucky. Sometimes they have a property where we want to go though so I have to do that and eat the resort, parking, and breakfast charges.

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
No credit cards yet but I hope to qualify one day.
Lol, I finally got mine down to 3 cards. They are hard to get rid of once you get one. They don't want to let you go!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Lol, I finally got mine down to 3 cards. They are hard to get rid of once you get one. They don't want to let you go!
:giggle: The only card I have is "Will Work for Food" but after the STO arrives I will also add "Will Work fo Gas" to my wallet, AKA, the Brown Card..................Board.

·
Premium Member
21,066 Posts
Albert have you ever considered Stand Up Comedy?

Reactions: Luzifer

·
Registered
2010 Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder Caelum Blu
235 Posts
I always think cards like this are a typical American thing. I have a card but only use it once in about 2 or 3 years for renting a car in other countries. Cash is still king here, although digital is seriously coming up due to the government’s wish minimizing criminal transactions. Real Estate is just getting wired most times… Do you only use cards or so…?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
I always think cards like this are a typical American thing. I have a card but only use it once in about 2 or 3 years for renting a car in other countries. Cash is still king here, although digital is seriously coming up due to the government’s wish minimizing criminal transactions. Real Estate is just getting wired most times… Do you only use cards or so…?
Yes, at least in the US, we use credit cards for the vast majority of daily purchases and many of us in this country have our bank perform automatic bill pay so, cash rarely, very rarely, touches our hands. I seldom even write personal checks anymore except to pay a workman that we contract for jobs they perform in or around our property, and most large transaction are handled by wiring the funds. In addition, other alternative methods of payment include: PayPal, Zelle, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, etc................ Bottom line, many of us can go many months and even years without raiding one of the local or not so local money machines that abound.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts