Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello im new to the forum but I'm in love with lambos what would you guys say is the most affordable to obtain and maintain of them all out of all of the models my goal is to own one oneday

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,071 Posts
Welcome Calvin!
I would start looking at Gallardos and depending on your budget you can go from there. They are all incredible cars and the entry level line which was the Gallardo is a fantastic car for anyone.

·
Premium Member
21,071 Posts
Here's a pic of my first one. 2008 Gallardo
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I really appreciate that!I have about 100k saved really trying hard to figure out how to double or triple that amount to comfortably afford a g preferably a gated manual I currently own a c5z and have a c8z on hold and going to try to flip for profit when it arrives I own some stock.. but I'm sure you know how that goes do you have any ideas on what to do or what you would do to increase that amount to get this vehicle?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
Hello im new to the forum but I'm in love with lambos what would you guys say is the most affordable to obtain and maintain of them all out of all of the models my goal is to own one oneday
Welcome Calvin! All cars to include Lamborghinis' are priced or more accurately overpriced but when the supply/demand comes back into balance I would recommend a Huracan. The centerpiece of of the Huracan is the bullet proof 10-Cylinder NA engine and you would be assured, relatively, trouble free ownership.

·
Premium Member
21,071 Posts
He is right Calvin, this certainly not a good time to buy, but you can shop prices and get an idea of what you want. These inflated prices will come down but know one can say when that might be.
I have no recommendation on how to grow that money quickly and to be perfectly honest I have tried several things and usually ended up losing money. Good luck!

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,024 Posts
As @Russk mentioned, if you find an 04-08 Gallardo that was well taken care of, it will be a solid car! You won't have much to worry about and if your able to work on cars yourself, maintenance also becomes really cheap.

No offense to vettes, we all respect them and I really like the new C8's, but owning a Vette just won't give you that exotic experience. It looks great, runs great, sounds great but it just isn't the experience. It's been said many times on this forum that more people will take pics and talk about a pre-LP Gallardo than a new C8. According to this article, more C8's have been made in 2021 than the entire 10 year run of Gallardos..... 2021 Final Corvette Production Numbers Now Accessible - Vette Vues Magazine (vette-vues.com)

Also, as @Lambo2018 mentioned, now is the worst time to buy a car regardless of manufacturer! New cars are marked up and its driving the used market through the roof!!!

I'd wait, keep saving, and let the market drop then grab a great car!

·
Premium Member
21,071 Posts
You got some great advice Calvin, and waiting is the right thing to do. This will give time to decide what you really want. We follow pricing very closely in this forum so keep checking in for updates.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
The only way I would buy a Lamborghini now is to buy new, and then only at MSRP. The preowned market is crazed now and probably will remain that way for at least another year or more.

·
Registered
615 Posts
As @Russk mentioned, if you find an 04-08 Gallardo that was well taken care of, it will be a solid car! You won't have much to worry about and if your able to work on cars yourself, maintenance also becomes really cheap.
I agree with @Russk - but I don't agree with waiting - sure prices "might" come down BUT you are getting older as you wait. I have an '04 Gallardo egear that most followers on here won't like BUT I had a tight budget when I bought it 10 years ago and love it. Sure I could have waited for it to go down in price - and missed out on 10 years of fun!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The only way I would buy a Lamborghini now is to buy new, and then only at MSRP. The preowned market is crazed now and probably will remain that way for at least another year or more.
How I wish! Lol I currently can only afford afford something in the 150k range would prefer something with gated manual and lifting doors

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,710 Posts
How I wish! Lol I currently can only afford afford something in the 150k range would prefer something with gated manual and lifting doors
You're smart to stay within your budget and if you can be patient I think you would get more for your money in a year or so. The music is going to stop before long, and those that paid through the nose are going to be somewhat displeased.

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,024 Posts
Regarding the vertical doors, are you looking for OEM like a Murci or an AV? Or do you want to add a vertical door kit to a Gallardo? If you're looking for a Murci or an AV, I'm sorry but I don't believe you will not find that in your price range. Slight maybe you find one at an auction or with a salvage title somewhere. For the Gallardo alone, according to Autotrader the cheapest Gallardo in manual form is an 04 selling for $140k. Used 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo for sale in COSTA MESA, CA 92627: Coupe Details - 630704296 - Autotrader

If you don't mind modding then you can pick up an e-gear Gallardo, add the vertical door kit, and send it out somewhere for a manual swap out. It's been mentioned on this forum a couple of times.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Cut your teeth on an early Gallardo and forget about the doors....recommend a manual highly.

Reactions: Devo

·
Registered
113 Posts
Regarding the vertical doors, are you looking for OEM like a Murci or an AV? Or do you want to add a vertical door kit to a Gallardo? If you're looking for a Murci or an AV, I'm sorry but I don't believe you will not find that in your price range. Slight maybe you find one at an auction or with a salvage title somewhere. For the Gallardo alone, according to Autotrader the cheapest Gallardo in manual form is an 04 selling for $140k. Used 2004 Lamborghini Gallardo for sale in COSTA MESA, CA 92627: Coupe Details - 630704296 - Autotrader

If you don't mind modding then you can pick up an e-gear Gallardo, add the vertical door kit, and send it out somewhere for a manual swap out. It's been mentioned on this forum a couple of times.
No.

Just get the car you want. Why pay $150k for something you dont want?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Calvin, you are taking the right approach. By asking questions here you are gaining knowledge. I would keep learning about the Lambo market till it becomes part of you. Then like someone said be patient and when the right/good opportunity comes around you can pull the trigger. You can still get Murcielago's, which have scissor doors around $160,000, with higher mileage.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts