Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather actually broke today so I was able to roll the car into the yard and take some pics. Enjoy.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Awesome car. Drive it hard for those of us who go without. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
That car is awesome!! thats one of the best examples ive seen!

Still saving for mine! Price-$AU 180,000, Me $175,000 too go!!

I'll get there one day!

Well done on your purchase

Jase :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
murciman said:
That car is awesome!! thats one of the best examples ive seen!

Still saving for mine! Price-$AU 180,000, Me $175,000 too go!!

I'll get there one day!

Well done on your purchase

Jase :D
Thanks Jason. It took me a while to get my dream Countach, but the wait was well worth it.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Without a doubt the best Countach I've ever seen. And I've seen allot here in Oklahoma!!! :D :D

Seriously, it is beautiful.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wiz357 said:
Very nice! Was that Michael F's old car?
Yes it was. He put a lot of money into the engine and it shows. It runs beautifully. Paint needs work, it's maybe a 6-7 out of 10, but I figure I'll drive the hell out of it and repaint her some other day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Corncerning the bumpers/fenders, or lack thereof. I thought that US regulations demanded that cars had larger ones. All the US Countachs and Ferrari F40s I have seen have these rather unflattering additions. How come yours doesn't?

A note on your Countach: Arguably the best looking car of all time. I had the very same car / colour adorn my bedroom for my entire childhood and it still ranks as possibly my fave car! Congrats.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Will said:
Corncerning the bumpers/fenders, or lack thereof. I thought that US regulations demanded that cars had larger ones. All the US Countachs and Ferrari F40s I have seen have these rather unflattering additions. How come yours doesn't?

A note on your Countach: Arguably the best looking car of all time. I had the very same car / colour adorn my bedroom for my entire childhood and it still ranks as possibly my fave car! Congrats.
Hi William,

Thanks for the compliments. As far as the U.S. regulations go you are right. The U.S. regs stated that all imported cars had to have 5 mph impact bumpers. Then there were the "gray market" cars. The loophole in the law was that an individual could import one car in their lifetime into the U.S. without DOT/EPA approval. They also had to retain ownership of that car for a period of time, (I believe it was for 2 yrs, but I could be wrong), after it was imported. That loophole was closed sometime in 1986. There are somewhere between 12-15 gray market downdraft QV Countach's in the U.S.

As far as the F40, I have never seen or heard of bumper additions on the outside of the body, there may be some bracing below the skin that I don't know about.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
scramjet said:
I will join in the chorus !!

GORGEOUS !!

Hmmm. Maybe I should look for a Countach !!

Larry
Thanks Larry,

The Countach has always been my dream car. As my wife says, I have an unhealthy obsession with the Countach. I started my own business just so I could by a Countach before I turned 60. Thanks to my early collecting and eBay I have a huge collection of book and magazines on the Countach that I would read and reread every night. About 2 1/2 yrs ago my wife got sick of me watching the beginning of Cannonball Run and rereading my stash over and over again that she finally said, "why don't you just shut up and buy the car already", (amazing since we had a new born baby). Two months later I had a 1981 LP400S, but I always wanted a downdraft QV. So when this one came along I jumped at it and sold my '81.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey John, congrats on the car! Drive the hell out of em but do it safe. :D

The Countach has always been my dream car, hopefully I'll own one someday.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
john said:
Thanks Larry,

The Countach has always been my dream car. As my wife says, I have an unhealthy obsession with the Countach. I started my own business just so I could by a Countach before I turned 60. Thanks to my early collecting and eBay I have a huge collection of book and magazines on the Countach that I would read and reread every night. About 2 1/2 yrs ago my wife got sick of me watching the beginning of Cannonball Run and rereading my stash over and over again that she finally said, "why don't you just shut up and buy the car already", (amazing since we had a new born baby). Two months later I had a 1981 LP400S, but I always wanted a downdraft QV. So when this one came along I jumped at it and sold my '81.

Ha! that sounds exactly like me!! i want to start my own business just so i can afford a countach!

i used to watch cannonball run and speed zone endlessly untill the videos **** them selves! i have to get them on dvd now

I too have a collection from when i was younger and still collect today (ebay)

maybe i should stop collecting and put the money towards the real thing!

Jase

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
too beautiful
i can't stand this sight
if i could afford one ......
please countach wait for me

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.