Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just got back from a wonderful drive to and from Vegas in my Lambo. About 1000 miles in all starting from San Francisco. What a drive! No "problems" anywhere along the way.

I just wanted to give one piece of feedback on parking at Vegas. I stayed at "The Venetian" on the strip. I found that they would not let me park the car myself in the Veale parking spot. And if they did, they insisted on keeping the keys. I ended up driving the car up into the “self parking” area. Fortunately I had a car cover which hid the car well. This is my second time there in the car. The Hotel Paris let me leave it out front (covered) last time. However I have to say the Venetian is a much better hotel both quality and price value wise.

I visited a number of other hotels on the strip. Most did not have room for cars “out front”, so if you are driving there check beforehand what the facilities they offer you are.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hey John! Sorry we missed each other (John and I were at the hotel the same day but I was checking out he was checking in).

Food for thought John -- There was a Rolls Royce Phantom with CA plates parked outside the entire time we were there. Valets said it was some "old rich guys" car. :) Surprised they wouldn't let your eye candy be in front as well. The RR left the day before I left Vegas.......

-Ben

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Sounds like a great road trip, better than the stay in Vegas IMO! :) I'll have to remember that the next time I flinch on a 100 mile trip too.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hi John
I hope you broke your speed record on the way there?
Glad to see you made it back safe and had a good time.

There is always a Phantom parked outside the Venitian It’s a silver one and I think its Mr Sheldons car.
Last time I was at Paris I saw a Yellow 6.0 next to a 355 parked in front of the hotel. I don’t know why they wouldn’t let you do the same.

I have a spare key for my Diablo that hasn’t been cut yet so I think ill park it myself and give them that key :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
Next time, stay at The Cosmopolitan. Personally, I think its the best spot on the Strip (been to Vegas 33 times now, stayed everywhere). They will allow you to self-park your car in the covered valet section right at the front doors, just make sure and tip good. Your car will not be exposed to the elements, and will be under constant physical and CCTV surveillance the entire time.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Next time, stay at The Cosmopolitan. Personally, I think its the best spot on the Strip (been to Vegas 33 times now, stayed everywhere). They will allow you to self-park your car in the covered valet section right at the front doors, just make sure and tip good. Your car will not be exposed to the elements, and will be under constant physical and CCTV surveillance the entire time.
I once caught the Valet guys there taking tips to let people sit in my car, better than Hardrock though where they let fat chicks sit ON your car for tips. Vegas is terrible place if you own anything nice. The valet guys also like to return your car having stolen the gas cap. Fortunately, I haven't had to deal with that yet but I have friends who have. Amazing how people who have no business owning a Lambo gas cap are able to sell them on eBay for $400. :eek:

Nice revival of a 13 year old thread though... and 90% of the places here now charge for any sort of parking - valet or self.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My biggest issue with letting valet park the car is the great big sign they have that says "not liable for lost of contents or damage to your car!" It would kill me if valet cubed the wheels or something. And they wouldn't be liable at all.

·
Registered
141 Posts
They still expect $50 for taking no responsibility for your car though.

They love it when I turn up in my 2002 Yukon with 400,000 miles on and try and flip them $2 to park it. :D

·
Registered
900 Posts
When I go a hotel, I always wonder why there are so many exotics. Do they live in the same city or actually took the exotics for a long road trip.

I wouldn't valet my car after seeing how some valets will abuse your vehicle.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ok guys here is the deal. Tip $20. They WILL park it out front. At any caesars property. I go once every 6 months and they know me by name when I pull up, no matter what I drive. They recognize me. Trust me $20 goes a long way to keep your car nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts