Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a steep driveway with a slight bump or rounded area and I would like to have addressed to get cars without FAL up and avoid scraping. I could have the area sectioned out and then pour new concrete or I can have an inch or so ground off the prominence. The concrete is 4 inches thick, any recommendations based upon member experience? Has anyone has tried the grinding alternative, and if so, any issues?

Registered
I have a steep driveway with a slight bump or rounded area and I would like to have addressed to get cars without FAL up and avoid scraping. I could have the area sectioned out and then pour new concrete or I can have an inch or so ground off the prominence. The concrete is 4 inches thick, any recommendations based upon member experience? Has anyone has tried the grinding alternative, and if so, any issues?
What鈥檚 the width and length of the segment that might have to get repoured?

also, is the section a bump or just a section that suddenly drops down?

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Registered
Roughly 16ft wide and 5ft to the street.
I would call a driveway/patio company to come out and give you a free estimate. They should be able to do a full segment removal repour or maybe do a cut grind resurface job. Another solution is to do a relief cut and then via hydraulic pour lift part of the concrete to minimize the bump. They call that mud jacking.

in the Midwest, it used to be a $4K job. In today鈥檚 market鈥 $10K??? No idea.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Registered
My municipality once removed the last 10鈥 of my driveway to lay sewer pipes. They did a crappy job of pouring the end of the driveway, every vehicle would bottom out. I called them up and got them to remove, regrade and repour the job. All on them.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If your into DIY projects, you can get concrete cutters, bobcat from Home Depot, etc. and pour the slab yourself.
It's a thought but probably not................

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not quite but close........the scraping sound is definitely ugly.

Registered
It's a thought but probably not................
A rental masonry concrete cutter with blade $300 for the job. Bobcat for concrete removal and regrading $400 per day. Concrete company will pour it for $3k.

so for $4k you could get er dun.
I鈥檇 do it my self if an estimate is at or more than $8K

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A rental masonry concrete cutter with blade $300 for the job. Bobcat for concrete removal and regrading $400 per day. Concrete company will pour it for $3k.

so for $4k you could get er dun.
I鈥檇 do it my self if an estimate is at or more than $8K
Man's got to know his limitations.......I would be in over my head.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
But you can blame yourself for doing a bad job!
True, and I can also blame the "contractor" for taking way, way too long.........oh, the many undeniable benefits of DIY projects. :giggle:

Reactions: AngelOfMurci

Registered
You could have a fat, fat curb (or a smoothly raised edge area) poured off to one side that lifts one side of the car sufficiently to just drive on it to get over the hawmp, in lieu of re-pouring a massive section.

Call it the Catwalk. The idea is to make the car approach the hump from garage or street side, with one wheel on the raised portion, sufficiently to clear the hump, and it's unique and creative, also.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You could have a fat, fat curb (or a smoothly raised edge area) poured off to one side that lifts one side of the car sufficiently to just drive on it to get over the hawmp, in lieu of re-pouring a massive section.

Call it the Catwalk. The idea is to make the car approach the hump from garage or street side, with one wheel on the raised portion, sufficiently to clear the hump, and it's unique and creative, also.
Exactly what I have been exploring even a rubber ramp in the shape of a dome, speed bump like, is all it would take at least as a temporary measure.

Registered

My driveway does exactly that, but It does it because of the contour of the slope. Great idea.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts