Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, this will be a work in progress, but I wanted to share what I have been able to do with the MMI (the tablet in the center console) on my 21 Evo RWD.

A few details and observations first:

I registered Unica on my phone in September 2020. Apparently Brittany is the point person for this at Lamborghini Dallas. She requested an invite for me after my car order was submitted and I received an email from Lamborghini SpA about 24h later.
I have an LG G8 running Android 10 (no root kit).
My car completed production some time between March 19 and April 13, 2021.
Unica offered to connect to my car around April 25 (with the 8 digit code). Of course this isn’t possible until you’re physically in the car.
I took delivery May 15.
I have the Lifestyle Pack (and Driver Pack too) and paid the additional $3600 for Lamborghini Connected Services (LCS)

BLUETOOTH
At delivery, I paired my phone to the car’s Bluetooth via the MMI TELEPHONE menu. This worked as expected this time.

ANDROID AUTO
After Bluetooth pairing, I used a USB cable to connect my phone to the firewall USB port #2 (driver‘s side).
An Android Auto (AA) icon appeared on the MMI (upper right corner). I touched the icon and AA opened in landscape mode. Landscape spanned the MMI left to right, but didn’t use the top 1/3 or bottom 1/3 of the screen (lame!). I could not find a setting in MMI or on my phone to produce a portrait AA display on the MMI. I only used Maps, which worked as expected. I didn’t make any calls or receive any texts, so can’t comment about that functionality. For AA, I saw Maps only on the MMI, not the instrument cluster (IC). However I forgot to move through the IC menus to see if the system is smart enough to show AA guidance on the IC. AA only works with the USB cable.

LCS
If the car is running, LCS will only allow you to set it up if the parking brake is active. I do not know if LCS can be setup with the IC on but engine off. I successfully connected Unica to my car using the 8 digit PIN from Unica once I reached home. Odometer showed 104 miles. I could not get Unica to connect while at the dealer, but maybe the parking brake was inactive… or maybe a certain amount of mileage needs to accumulate. I’m simply not sure. Unica has some nice features, like a Valet Alert, Geofencing, GPS tracking of the car, etc. That said, it appears someone with the key could factory reset the MMI and potentially disrupt all those features if they were trying to steal the car. Maybe the MMI factory reset can’t be used to defeat LCS’ features, I didn’t want to try a factory reset of the MMI.

ALEXA
Setup was easy. I clicked the Alexa icon on the MMI and it presented an Amazon code to register the car to my Amazon account at amazon.com/code
“Alexa, tell me the weather” - Alexa tells me about a flash flood warning (accurate) and shows me a 3 day forecast on the MMI. So far so good!
”Alexa, call Carol” - Alexa says she needs to connect my phone to the car‘s Bluetooth… Uhoh… My phone thinks it is paired to the car already, but the MMI shows the Bluetooth icon is inactive. My phone is no longer appearing under manage devices anywhere in the MMI. I reboot my phone. Same problem. I unpair the car from the phone. I activate the a Bluetooth slider in the MMI. I search for devices with my phone and find Lamborghini. The car doesn’t see my phone and asks if I want to pair a device. I click “yes” but nothing happens. My conjecture is the phone is still paired but Amazon activation after phone pairing doesn’t see my existing paired phone. I factory reset “Local Services” on the MMI, hoping this deletes the ”unseen” phone pairing. I connect my phone via Bluetooth through the Alexa setup process and this time it works.

So good news is Alexa is alive on my version of the MMI, but it isn’t glitch free and I still have to see what it can actually do. I also need to determine if or how AA and Alexa get along or how I switch between them. I‘ll post more when I can!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,550 Posts
Thanks Craig but Alexa still sound like it is not quite ready for prime time........certainly it is not as streamlined and efficient as represented in the Lamborghini promotional video. Keep us posted. I have a few questions: 1. after you start the car and before you hit the accept button do you hear any static?
2. does the car remember the last music source and song played when you come back to the car for another drive/outing?
3. does your car shuffle the music consistently when the shuffle mode is selected or does it tend to come back to the same songs?
4. when you advance a music track do you hear a pop or crackle kind of sound?

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m making a list of Albert “honey dos” - just kidding! I’ll start checking those things tomorrow and let you know what I find!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,550 Posts
That list is just some of the problems I had with my EVO and it was at the dealership X3 without resolution. Last I heard the engineers in Italy are working on a software patch to correct the problem but no ETA. They even went as far as to change the 5F memory module that did nothing to mitigate the problems but left me with the task of having to pair my phone, set up the garage door opener and reload the internal HD with my music all over again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts