Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when opportunity knocks ….

received a call earlier in the week from a dealer that someone wanted to put an unsolicited offer on my Urus. It’s a spectacular build. For some context, I ordered it last March (right when pandemic hit) when there was a lot of uncertainty in the market. I paid $20k under MSRP. An offer came in yesterday for $25k over MSRP. So I essentially made $45k owning the vehicle for 10months. It’s truly a spectacular SUV. Luxury when you need it and a total beast when you want to live wild (Akrapovic exhaust helped!)

EVO Spyder is arriving soon, so now will begin to think about the next toy. Nothing really comes to mind but given how crazy the market is I will probably end up with a build of some sort. (Not excited about the 296 GTB, have had bad experiences with McLaren) so I don’t quite know what will be next.

for now, I have one open garage bay, which my wife seems happy about.

·
Registered
BMW ///M
204 Posts
That's awesome, good for you! The used car market is so crazy now; I've never seen such high mark-ups on prices for used cars.

Reactions: ArancioEVO

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,972 Posts
Mixed emotions? What happy and happier? This has been a great year for sellers and people buying new Lamborghinis’ at MSRP. Though, for people entering the sports car world attempting to buy a preowned vehicle it was not the most pleasant of introductions.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I’m blown away about how much demand there is for the Urus, I often see multiple of them in a day. Crazy to think for around the same price they all could have been Huracans instead.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,921 Posts
That is a great story, what a crazy market. Who would have ever thought you can buy a new car and lose nothing through depreciation and in fact sell for more than you paid.

·
Registered
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
73 Posts
What is bizarre is my new Huracan, was cheaper than a used, older, less optioned Huracán!
A sellers market for sure!

·
Registered
2022 Huracan Evo RWD (ordered)
14 Posts
received a call earlier in the week from a dealer that someone wanted to put an unsolicited offer on my Urus. It’s a spectacular build. For some context, I ordered it last March (right when pandemic
I am curious how this happened since you said it was unsolicited (which I'm assuming means you weren't actively looking to sell it). Was it a dealer you had worked with before and they knew you might be open to selling it? Or did a dealer match what the customer was looking for with a vehicle that had been sold and then contacted you about selling? If the latter, is that common?

·
Registered
434 Posts
What is bizarre is my new Huracan, was cheaper than a used, older, less optioned Huracán!
A sellers market for sure!
A new Huracan still has more intrinsic value, but less time value since you have to wait a long time to get one. The used Huracan will have less intrinsic value, but you are paying more premium on time since it’s available right now. Not a good deal IMO if you’re holding long term.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am curious how this happened since you said it was unsolicited (which I'm assuming means you weren't actively looking to sell it). Was it a dealer you had worked with before and they knew you might be open to selling it? Or did a dealer match what the customer was looking for with a vehicle that had been sold and then contacted you about selling? If the latter, is that common?
a boutique broker that I buy/sell cars through (think concierge) that is well networked in new/used super and hyper car market. For instance, NFL player contacts him and says go get me x,y,z ….

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oh bud, I can imagine how you feel. The Urus isn’t really held in high regard by a lot of these guys, but I have one and I cannot imagine getting rid of it! Feels perfect. I actually placed an EVO deposit last month, but the plan is to keep both. If that was your plan too, why not take that 45k and order a new one?

when opportunity knocks ….

received a call earlier in the week from a dealer that someone wanted to put an unsolicited offer on my Urus. It’s a spectacular build. For some context, I ordered it last March (right when pandemic hit) when there was a lot of uncertainty in the market. I paid $20k under MSRP. An offer came in yesterday for $25k over MSRP. So I essentially made $45k owning the vehicle for 10months. It’s truly a spectacular SUV. Luxury when you need it and a total beast when you want to live wild (Akrapovic exhaust helped!)

EVO Spyder is arriving soon, so now will begin to think about the next toy. Nothing really comes to mind but given how crazy the market is I will probably end up with a build of some sort. (Not excited about the 296 GTB, have had bad experiences with McLaren) so I don’t quite know what will be next.

for now, I have one open garage bay, which my wife seems happy about.

View attachment 299753

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh bud, I can imagine how you feel. The Urus isn’t really held in high regard by a lot of these guys, but I have one and I cannot imagine getting rid of it! Feels perfect. I actually placed an EVO deposit last month, but the plan is to keep both. If that was your plan too, why not take that 45k and order a new one?
Something to consider. This all came out of the blue so I’ll let it soak in and then think about plan B ….

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,972 Posts
How hard is it to get an allocation for a Urus?

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
From what I understand very hard.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,972 Posts
From what I understand very hard.
Too bad. This COVID is a double edged sword........great for sellers but not so great for perspective buyers.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,972 Posts
Yes double edged sword with a foggy future for the world....
I think the world has been down under for a while but, I am confident, we will successfully negotiate this adversity in the end. ;)

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,972 Posts
OP, Charlotte has two preowned Urus' but not knowing what you had or want I thought I would post them anyway.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Allocations for the Urus are certainly given out to dealers more generously than the other cars; however, based on sales, the demand for the Urus seems to be higher as well. Wait lists may be longer; however, the list is cleared faster, too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts