Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
That looks like a place I saw in New Jersery, right at the George Washington bridge into NYC. But it looks different now. Now I gotta look next time I go visit one brothers. But in reality it's probably in Europe.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Read at the left -> Zampolli...

I can't remember if I read it here or on the yahoo-lists that Zampolli was a huge importer.

Thanks Google:
Cizeta

In the supercar boom of the late 1980's,Claudio Zampolli, an Italian Ferrari dealer living in Los Angeles, decided there was room for anoother player. With financial backing from Giorgio Moroder (of music fame) Cizeta Automobili srl was formed at Modena. Only a few of their one and only car, the Cizeta-Moroder V16T, were produced before the market collapsed and the company followed suit.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Thanks Raymond,

the Espada & the Alfa with no windows in the pic makes me think this is some type of photoshop.

I'm from LA and was learnining my trade in those days and this pic rings no bells. I knew everyone in LA in those days.

L

·
0 Posts
That's Claudio's shop that used to be on Van Nuys Blvd in the valley (Los Angeles.) I had him fix my tranny once, he's very good, and factory trained. In fact, a factory trained engineer. He's now building the Cizeta:

http://www.carsfromitaly.com/others/cizeta.html

I'll tell you one thing, there are few guys that know as much about the older lambos.

Cheers, :wave:

Fred

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Fred, I cruzed Van Nuys Blvd evey Wed & Sat night for several yrs!!!!!!!!!! I'm from LA (SANTA MONICA, graduate of Samo High, before the USMC), except for my early teen yrs n SF ridin the Cable Cars...that pic never existed on VN BLVD in those days!!!! I apprenticed at VITO's Italian Car Servce on Lincloln Blvd in SM and there was no one better or more well connected in those days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So please watch what you say!!! Just so happens there are those that prefer to have history written as it really happened!!!!!!!!!!!

If you doubt me, call Specialiasts Inc on Lincn Blvd in SM, and ask for Fred...the German Masters I first apprenticed with are still there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
15 Posts
JRV said:
Fred you got me, I was there then and I'm I'm still here now and it went right by me....:) :eek:

Shame on me for lasting so long Ahy??? :cool:
Damn, JRV. you went off on Fred over that? You need to learn some self control, that's not the best way to treat members.

·
Registered
20 Posts
JRV said:
Fred, I cruzed Van Nuys Blvd evey Wed & Sat night for several yrs!!!!!!!!!! I'm from LA (SANTA MONICA, graduate of Samo High, before the USMC), except for my early teen yrs n SF ridin the Cable Cars...that pic never existed on VN BLVD in those days!!!! I apprenticed at VITO's Italian Car Servce on Lincloln Blvd in SM and there was no one better or more well connected in those days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So please watch what you say!!! Just so happens there are those that prefer to have history written as it really happened!!!!!!!!!!!

If you doubt me, call Specialiasts Inc on Lincn Blvd in SM, and ask for Fred...the German Masters I first apprenticed with are still there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JRV
I love that: First you call Fred a liar and then it turns out you are wrong.At least you are consistent.
Do you ever think before you type??
You sure come on real aggressive for someone who is off the mark

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I called Fred a liar??? I don't think so!!

I still question the authenticity of the photo which is well within my rights here!!!

My Miura could well be one of the ones in the photo????....so let;s provide some additional info!! I cruzed Mullholland and Van Nuys Blvd on a regular basis and worked for the guys that worked for the Stars and I never saw 10 Miuras lined up by Alfas with no windows. I'm more than willing to provide all the bandwith needed to post any and all pics that can be found!!!! In fact, bring Claudio on and let hem tell the story!!!

:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
JRV,
No offense, just happened upon this, but from the outside of the conversation looking in " So please watch what you say!!! Just so happens there are those that prefer to have history written as it really happened!!!!!!!!!!!" is coming on pretty strong and could most certainly be construed as calling someone less than truthful. Just because someone doesn't say the word,"liar" does not mean that it was not implied or at the very least taken that way. If I were in fact Fred, I would expect an apology.

Chris

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Let Me State For The Record, I In No Way Shape or Form Implied Fred was a Liar!!!! Fred is a Mod Here because of his integerty and There Are No Mod Liars or Tricksters at this point!!!! My replies have been totally mis-interptreted!!! Fred is a member of the highest Caliber and I will be the first to defend him!!!!

Fred, My Sincest Appologies if you misunderstood me!!!!!!

I WAS in Vietnam from 71-73 so it is possible I missed the goings on in LA during that period(including Van Nuys Blvd)!

I fully agree Claudio had his shop there, but I still question the 10 Miuras lined up n front as in the pic posted!

L

·
0 Posts
Hi JRV and fellow Lambo heads. :)

Claudio's shop was amazing, and I'm sure that photo is untouched. Claudio was one of THE miura experts at the factory. From my conversations with him, I felt he was crushed when they moved on to the Countach -- he had high hopes for continuing the Miura SV.

As for living in Los Angeles, I lived there for 20 years -- from 1976-96 -- and cruised Van Nuys Blvd like everybody else. Whittier Blvd too. I had a 1969 GTX that was a very fast machine! I remember clearly seeing Claudio's sign from the street, but it was actually a couple of Lambo friends, Bill Stewart and Bob Fleckenstein, that really turned me on to the shop. You wouldn't go there unless you were ready to spend money, but if you needed something done right, that was the place to go. I only went there once, because of transmission problems with my 400gt, but I still see him from time to time. He's a wealth of knowledge.

For 10 years I had a "hard start when hot" problem, and Claudio solved it instantly by telling me to replace the wire that runs from the ignition to the started with a bigger gauge. Never had a problem since. He knew these cars at a very deep level, I guess because he saw so many of them.

As for internet chat rooms, I don't take anything too seriously. The facts are more important than anything, that's how I see it.

Best regards,

Fred

PS: As for Claudio, you can find his number via google and give him a call. I'm sure he can answer any questions about that great photo!

·
Banned
15 Posts
lamboguy said:
Hi JRV and fellow Lambo heads. :)
I remember clearly seeing Claudio's sign from the street, but it was actually a couple of Lambo friends, Bill Stewart and Bob Fleckenstein, that really turned me on to the shop. You wouldn't go there unless you were ready to spend money, but if you needed something done right, that was the place to go. I only went there once, because of transmission problems with my 400gt, but I still see him from time to time. He's a wealth of knowledge.
After reading this article, you truley know your Lamborghinis Jeff.:hail:

http://www.geocities.com/lamboguy/BillStewart.html

1 - 20 of 20 Posts