Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures of a Miura SV engine that someone rebuilt and put on a display stand. The engine is said to be in running condition, but never has been run. Beautiful job to a beautiful engine.

Enjoy.

Alberto

·
Registered
28 Posts
That motor was restored by and is owned by Jeff Stephan...worlds greatest Miura restorer. A perfect SV motor sitting in front of a perfect Miura S and an SV. He did absolute miracles with my Miura SV this last spring.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jeff told me he had worked on an SV from Calgary. You should post pictures of your SV.

Alberto

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just love the look of those Weber's, and those 12 throats.

Seems that with modern engines these days, all you look at is a couple of boring looking plenum chamber (boxes) on top of the engine, if your lucky. Most cars have a big plastic cover over the engine, and that's as good as it gets.

At least with my Gallardo the plenums are impressively big, black, and have "Lamborghini" nicely machined on them. Better than the little plenums on the F360 that you can see through the transparent engine cover. Can't see why they bothered - not much to look at, at all.

Now, that Muira engine - that's inspirational!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Raymond:

Not, it is not in San Diego, unfortunately. It is in the LA area.

Alberto

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Raymond Stofer:

Do you know if that Miura S engine is from a combination of engines? The number stampings have different dates and serial #'s, so it appears so.

Can you say how much you want for it? You can PM me if you wish.

Alberto

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
this is an engine of a car delivered in Italy, the different numbers are normal.

L

·
0 Posts
and you're never going to get that fabulous Weber sound on a FI car.

Fred

·
Registered
102 Posts
Mmmmm Weber :) I was going to put a Weber on my 2.3 but I'm selling the car anyway so it doesn't matter... I'll just recommend whoever buys it to put one on it. I'm gonna miss that car :( it was my first car that I owned.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here's a shot of my Miura SV motor after Jeff's work. It runs GREAT now...it's also a lot less noisy (not FUN noise, loose stuff noise) than it was before he finished with it. LOTS of other work on the car. Honestly, if we didn't have Mr. Stephan around to keep these cars sorted out, I would sell mine in a minute.

·
Registered
898 Posts
As I have said many times... "Nobody builds aluminum castings like the Italians"!

That is one fine piece of work. Michaelangelo would be proud! :)

Mike
Jalpa #12071

·
Registered
5 Posts
Miura Sv Engine Differences

Hello, :wave:

Here is my first post !

I would like to know what are the differences from outside between a Miura S and SV engine except engine number ?

With many thanks in advance.

Florent MOULIN

1 - 20 of 21 Posts