Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife noticed a couple drops of oil in the garage after I backed the car out today. Guess there have been others but she forgot to mention them :confused:.

Going to have the dealer check it over in the coming week or so, curious if there is anything I can check in advance. MY22, 1100 miles.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
Sorry to hear that but let us know the outcome. The good news is that you have a pretty solid warranty X3 years. Let’s hope it is something minor like a seal..........Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
Wife noticed a couple drops of oil in the garage after I backed the car out today. Guess there have been others but she forgot to mention them :confused:.

Going to have the dealer check it over in the coming week or so, curious if there is anything I can check in advance. MY22, 1100 miles.
It's extremely rare for an oil leak on these when they are newer. I had the same thing on my 2019 580-2 when it was new. Turns out when the oil was topped off some spilled down the side although not a lot and it will eventually work it's way down and leave a few drops on the garage floor. Check under the car and see if you locate where it's coming from the bottom of the car. Then wipe it off. It should be mostly gone in a couple of days if that's the issue. If not then of course take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Seems like it would burn up if it were a little spilled on the manifold or somewhere that would heat up.
Drops on the floor would suggest some o-ring not doing it’s job. It’s hard to diagnose but this would be my guess

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting you mention the manifold. On occasion I’ve smelled burnt oil…minor but there. I’ll get an appointment set with the dealer. If I can break away from work, I’ll get it in the air and look myself. Gives me the opportunity to poke around a bit.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sadly after three days, the car is still at the dealer. Leak was confirmed, they’re trying to find the source. Wish I could say this didn’t bother the hell out of me.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
Sadly after three days, the car is still at the dealer. Leak was confirmed, they’re trying to find the source. Wish I could say this didn’t bother the hell out of me.
I completely understand your frustration; I would be mighty upset as well. Hopefully, it's something minor.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like it was a bum washer on one of the drain plugs. Will keep an eye out going forward. Should probably switch to decaf while I’m at it haha. Best takeaway for me has been my dealers responsiveness…they’re rockstars!

On a side note, need to dig into the forum more. Find out where regional events are posted and such.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If it makes you feel better on the three day wait time I just had a clutch done on my Gallardo. The Indy had the car in/out in a week. I forgot to cancel my original appointment with Lamborghini Boston - they called me earlier this week to remind me about my appointment AND to inform me that I should expect the car to be with them for at least 4 weeks??

Thank God for independent shops!

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After a bit of spirited driving this morning, I see a drip of oil forming. And it’s got the dye that was added. I’ll get it up on the lift today/tomorrow with a black light to see if I can trace it down. And back to the dealer next week :cry:.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My leak is not an easy fix. It was traced to what looks to be a machining defect, more than likely a new engine is in my future. Will know more once the dealer hears back from the mother ship.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My leak is not an easy fix. It was traced to what looks to be a machining defect, more than likely a new engine is in my future. Will know more once the dealer hears back from the mother ship.
That sucks hope it goes well. Question at worse case scenario it is a new engine do they roll the odometer back to 0?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
Wow, there is another member that had his engine replaced on this forum on his 580-2 and that was a few years back and all went well and is well with the replacement.

·
Registered
147 Posts
No because the rest of the car still has the original mileage. Mileage stays the same and you have paperwork saying a new engine was installed at "X" miles.
You are more experience then on me so interesting to learn more. So question:

1. Isn't the mileage technically attributed to the engine only? I get the chassis has same wear and tear during that time so perhaps I am not thinking this right.
2. Would the value of the car be less or higher or immaterial if it says has a new engine for resale?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow, there is another member that had his engine replaced on this forum on his 580-2 and that was a few years back and all went well and is well with the replacement.
If I read between the lines, there are other Evos with new engines. Will be interesting long term to see if COVID (and its supply chain challenges) will have an effect on the reliability of things.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
They replaced my 2021 EVO with minor issues by comparison so keep that option in your hip pocket and also you may need to get Lamborghini Customer Care involved.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,545 Posts
If I read between the lines, there are other Evos with new engines. Will be interesting long term to see if COVID (and its supply chain challenges) will have an effect on the reliability of things.
To some degree reliability will be impacted but the weak link in the chain, in my opinion, is not COVID but that these cars are essentially handmade and as a consequence they will manifest quirks and gremlins from time to time.
FYI, never had these issues with the Porsches I have owned.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts