Lamborghini Talk banner

Mileage or Condition?

1358 26
All,

With the rampant amount of cars that we're seeing that have questionable mileage due to mileage blockers these days, does mileage really hold the same weight on value as it used to? Or do you believe that condition of the car is paramount?

Obviously both are important, but I'm interested to know which of the two holds more weight in your buying decision.

Mileage or Condition?

• Mileage

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Condition

Votes: 26 89.7%
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
4,303 Posts
I have bought brand new Lamborghinis. Low Mile cars under 5000, and I also bought one car from a family member that had 19k miles. Like @Lambo8888 mentioned, while you can’t necessarily “see” all the differences, they just feel different. All cars were taken care of, clear film etc, but they just tire. Hard to explain honestly.

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts
That tire feeling may have to do with piston ring and suspensions like bushings. If the engine has been abused, you can tell by its sounds and smell. And new bushings are like new hard rubber all around to make the car feel less bouncy. Butt dyno that is.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Both is important on the value for sure. I have seen low mile with lots of issues or high mileage cars being flawless. To me mileage doesnt mean much as long as car is taken care of well. Those cars in stock form nearly bulletproof. But it is important to be in great condition with a good carfax and autocheck.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Both is important on the value for sure. I have seen low mile with lots of issues or high mileage cars being flawless. To me mileage doesnt mean much as long as car is taken care of well. Those cars in stock form nearly bulletproof. But it is important to be in great condition with a good carfax and autocheck.
A thorough PPI as well, the dealership that did mine didn't do a good job and missed a lot of things

21 - 27 of 27 Posts