Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. Does anyone have experience with MICHELIN PILOT SPORT CUP 2, on a 2009 LP560-4 Spyder? Of course LAMBORGHINI would not recommend anything but PIRELLI, but I would really appreciate some feedback, comments, thoughts, recommendations....
Should I put them on or not?
Thank you all!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Are you going to the track?

I think most G owners would recommend using Pilot Sport 4S for the majority of applications.

“Cup” tires are way stickier but consequently have FAR less tread life. Primarily track tires.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Are you going to the track?

I think most G owners would recommend using Pilot Sport 4S for the majority of applications.

“Cup” tires are way stickier but consequently have FAR less tread life. Primarily track tires.
This... Its a better tire than the 4S (and in my opinion, the equivalent pirelli) but depends on your application.

Unless you don't care about treadlife or really need that spec for some reason in daily driving. But some cars come from factory with sport cup 2s. GT3RS for example. So it's not a completely insane idea.

You won't be unhappy with cup 2s at all. Will just be more frequent trips to the tire shop for replacements. But all the power to you!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
515 Posts
In my experience, you’ll only get a few thousand miles out of Cup 2s.

Pirellis suck and I don’t know why Lambo uses them. They do have good tires in the range, but the P Zeroes are garbage after 2-3000 miles and ride rough. The P Zero Corsas are better because they don’t last long enough to get to the point of riding like hot garbage.

I use PS4Ses from Michelin and have been happiest with it over any others so far. Previously my favorite was the Pilot Super Sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
395 Posts
OP are you going to spend the majority of time on the track? I would recommend the PS4s for a daily driver. My GT3 has the MPSC2 and they take time to warm up, are super sticky so more likely to throw up gravel, are dangerous in the wet and you can feel every imperfection on the road with potholes being a teeth jarring event.

·
Registered
215 Posts
On my Super G I just went RWD so I'm taking off my 4s's and moving on to Cup 2s. I'll post some feedback now that they're on, but I'm glad to have made the switch. Had too much car input at Buttonwillow with the 4s tires, so my times were sh*t. I think like most posting here the 4s choice is ideal. I had them on for 8k miles and 3 years while AWD

·
Registered
121 Posts
On my Super G I just went RWD so I'm taking off my 4s's and moving on to Cup 2s. I'll post some feedback now that they're on, but I'm glad to have made the switch. Had too much car input at Buttonwillow with the 4s tires, so my times were sh*t. I think like most posting here the 4s choice is ideal. I had them on for 8k miles and 3 years while AWD
Post a review (elsewhere, don't want to hijack...) of super G as RWD. Debating doing it on mine!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all very very much for taking the time. You have helped me a lot. I do a few track days, so I will opt this time for the Cup 2, and probably 4s, for the next change. At least none of you says, like one Lamborghini tech, that the car will fall apart if I put anything but the PIRELLIS.....

Thanks again for your help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts