Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can metallic car paint be used on 1/12 miniatures? If not is there an alternative?
I'm working on a customising project using auto art's lamboghini murchielago and i've contacted auto art several times- they can't or won't help me.
I have the colour codes from lamborghini but am unsure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this is a little late in posting but, Yup! You sure can use metallic paints for models especially nice on 1/12th scale projects!

I've always painted my models (mostly 1/43rd) using PPG Lambo color codes and the results have always been as good, if not better than the finishes on the models offered by BBR, MR and the like. . .

I usually use two step base-coat/clear-coat and have yet had to polish out the final coat. I have also used the tri-color 3 step paint finishes with great results too! The idea with these is you want to lay down a smooth base coat and gently mist on the second color.

Laying down the urethane top coat can be a little tricky as you want to spray just enough not to have any orange peel, yet not so much as to have runs or "pooling" of the clear coat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts