Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an interesting breakfast meeting with members from Team Lamborghini Australia today. We were discussing about running their cars in a 12hr race later this year. Naturally I asked them about their race campaign and experience with their race cars. According to them the GTR is very reliable. For two years the only servicing they did on the engine was oil changes. They upgraded the gearbox to a Hollinger sequential. Straight cut gears. Then there's brake and radiator upgrades and constant development on the cars just to improve things here and there. Paul Stokell did the rest.

Their Gallardos did very well in Targa Tasmania. Stokell unfortunately crashed while leading while Appleby finished an incredible 10th considering he's never raced before. I asked them whether they had ESP on or off and they said, Appleby had it ON all the time and Stokell had his OFF all the time! They said the Gallardos were standard from the factory apart from minor additions like pwr steering cooling coils etc. Roll Cage and other prep work was done by them in Australia.

They added that their race cars, 1SVR and both GTRs are for sale complete with race spares and original std GTR parts(in case one wants to remove all the upgrades and return it to stock). I think they're also looking for more action for the Targa Gallardos. They're basically toning down their race campaign and focusing on their business. Their Lambos have proven their point. Thanks to them theres more respect for Lamborghini not just in Australia but Asia Pacific as well. Anybody interested in their cars, send me a pm.

·
Registered
173 Posts
are they still going to put them in the East Cost Targa? would love to see them in the Classic Adelaide.

see if they'll take 'em to the NT for a chance to wind 'em out with a bunch of other exotics... idea is still a pipe-dream at the moment, but looking half-possible: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62298

about the G's setups, here's what Appleby had to say about that yesterday on lpower:
################
The car was an S package from the factory.
That includes...carbon clutch, smoke grey wheels with better rubber and power steering cooler.
We added Koni shocks that Paul customized in the short time he had before we took the cars over on the boat.
We actually lifted the car slightly because of the dips we came accross, just to play it safe and not smash the front end....that was a good idea.
Added the Tubi and some Pagid blue pads and off we go.
Added about 2 deg of camber to my car and a bit more for Pauls, this made the steering much sharper.
The usual saftey requirements had to be added like an FIA roll cage and 2 x 1kg fire tanks.
The cage added about 40kg and some good stifness to the chasiss, but with race seats and a pretty gutted interior appart from the dash, driver and navigator and some camera gear in the car and a very low tank of fuel we weighed in at 1,715 kg (driver /navigator and camera gear 190-200kg) so with a very low fuel load and oil the weight of the car was about either side +-20kg of 1,500kg (3,300lb)
#####################

1 - 2 of 2 Posts