Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
FWIW
I have always like the V8.
Going back to the 1959's we had 283 cu in.
So why not make smaller piston V8 instead of a V6 or good forbid inline fours.
(Manufacturing costs, weight etc blah blah blah)

Sarcasm - nice to see Merc Benz Formula 1 investment trickle down to road use LOL.
(If it was April I would like to think this document leak was fake news.)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doubt they will return. With car manufacturers going all in on electrification what sense does it make to bring the engines back?
No question the pure V8 is gone. My buddy texted me this morning and told me his 2022 G63 was cancelled. They told him if he’ll wait, he’ll get a hybrid engine. He said okay.

I would assume V8 G63s would go up in value even more…

·
Administrator
3,703 Posts
G63 prices are about to explode. Glad I just closed on a 2020. I’ll be selling my 2018 shortly. Dealer already raising their market adjustment on the new ones they have.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I don't see prices exploding to be honest with you. I mean Canada has 60+ G63's for sale and there's new G's that dealers are sitting on which aren't listed. And I don't know if your average G63 owner cares about having a V8. I mean most G63's are driven by women lol.

I actually ordered the S560 a couple weeks ago and my SA was telling me the G electric/hybrid will have insane performance and he already has a list of current G63 owners who want to get on the list for one.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't see prices exploding to be honest with you. I mean Canada has 60+ G63's for sale and there's new G's that dealers are sitting on which aren't listed. And I don't know if your average G63 owner cares about having a V8. I mean most G63's are driven by women lol.

I actually ordered the S560 a couple weeks ago and my SA was telling me the G electric/hybrid will have insane performance and he already has a list of current G63 owners who want to get on the list for one.
All the new ones in Ontario priced at $299k CAD, have been sitting for a while now.

My only concern with the hybrid is that I've seen a leaked potential picture, hate the looks of the front. Although very similar styling, it looks off..

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
I was told the "EQ" G will have more power and will the same interior in the new S class. Big step up from the current G.

The hardcore Mercedes collectors will want a V8 but there's plenty of them around so they're not rare enough for values to jump overnight. Also the average G owner lives in the city so driving a gas guzzling SUV isn't a good look so the EQ will be prefect for the vast majority of G owners. I actually see a bigger demand for the EQ version because it'll also attract the EV buyers.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was told the "EQ" G will have more power and will the same interior in the new S class. Big step up from the current G.

The hardcore Mercedes collectors will want a V8 but there's plenty of them around so they're not rare enough for values to jump overnight. Also the average G owner lives in the city so driving a gas guzzling SUV isn't a good look so the EQ will be prefect for the vast majority of G owners. I actually see a bigger demand for the EQ version because it'll also attract the EV buyers.
I think the smart move for anyone looking to get a G now would be to see if they can get an allocation for a 2021 now. That way, they can drive it around for 2022, place an order for a 2023, and get very close to MSRP for their 2021 G63 as I'm sure demand for the V8 will still be there. Otherwise, I really don't see a point in paying $299k CAD for a 2021 now, with the assumption that prices will skyrocket based on the news. I'm in agreement with @Huracaan in that I don't see values increasing drastically, if at all.

·
Administrator
3,703 Posts
I agree with all the posts. When will it come out is the question. My statement on them exploding in price is only in the short term. I say for the next 12 months or until they start rolling out the new ones which won't be for at least a year minimum.

Reactions: Young CEO

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mercedes has made some great V8s. The W211 in the old E500 was really fun.

Smooth and powerful even though it was only 300 or so HP. I miss that car!

·
Registered
2009 LP560-4
136 Posts
I was hoping to order a new e63s wagon this year but wasn’t able to get the order in before this happened. Guess I’m stuck with my old school e55 supercharged wagon.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I scooped up a G63, taking delivery tomorrow! As soon as I heard the news, I jumped on a car with markup of course.

Each dealer I called has hundreds on their wait list, so I expect all G’s to go up in value. The 2021’s will stop being produced/delivered soon.

·
Administrator
3,703 Posts
I scooped up a G63, taking delivery tomorrow! As soon as I heard the news, I jumped on a car with markup of course.

Each dealer I called has hundreds on their wait list, so I expect all G’s to go up in value. The 2021’s will stop being produced/delivered soon.
What year?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts