Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
2013 Mercedes Benz SL63 AMG
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else see this? Looked like it was Blu Hera with beige/cream interior I think around 14k miles. there were 2 bidders going at it. Insane....

·
Vendor
2013 Mercedes Benz SL63 AMG
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw it on Motortrend channel yesterday. I'll try to find a link, I believe the auction was in Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That's comical. Anyone have a good reason why it went for so much?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Mecum does a pretty good job of marketing their cars and I am guessing that is part of the reason. The other more well know reason is you had two bidders and both wanted the car. Pretty amazing nonetheless and would love to know the reason the car went so high. Could be the market is moving in a direction that us mere mortals don't comprehend.

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Clearly it sold for so much because it has the extremely rare and most beautiful Cuoio Olympus tan interior color. Well, at least that's what I'd like to believe since I've got the same thing on my black '08!

Maybe someone really wanted it because it was from Asi Sheikh's private collection (whoever that is) or part of the sale went to charity or something?

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
My dad refers to televised car auctions as a "Rich Man's Pissing Contest". Like stated earlier, I bet it was two guys with means who really wanted the car.

Sorry DiabloClyde, I am going to have to pass on your offer.... for now.

·
Registered
61 Posts
This would be a Unicorn if the Mecum description is correct. A 5.2 was not available on the 2007 Gallardo, it should be a 5.0/520hp car. Mecum mentions the 5.2 no less than 3 times.

·
Registered
175 Posts
This would be a Unicorn if the Mecum descripti
on is correct. A 5.2 was not available on the 2007 Gallardo, it should be a 5.0/520hp car. Mecum mentions the 5.2 no less than 3 times.
Mecum also mentioned Bianco White here, not sure if that was the name back then which sounds funny to mention the same color in two different languages.

but it looks ballon white to me.

It is a unicorn in that colorway with interior. specially at that milage

1 - 20 of 22 Posts