Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been glued to F1 this season. I’ve always been into racing but really just IMSA, La Mans, etc. tried to follow the Lamborghini series. However, after watching the Netflix Drive to Survive, F1 has been my favorite. This season is arguably the greatest ever and the two top drivers are even on points heading into the last race this Sunday. That has only happened once in F1 history. It’s a true “winner takes all” situation and I can’t wait for it. How about you guys?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I anxiously await it too. The past few years I was completely disinterested in F1 because of how much it's become a battle of a couple cars with a bunch of other slow ones acting as on-track obstacles. I used to race in the IMSA Lites series in an Elan DP02 so I love racing and will watch just about anything racing, but I just got so sick of seeing two cars competing for something, then another 16 on track doing whatever with no useful coverage or passing. It started to feel like track day events where there's the two guys who spent the most and then the rest of us lol.

This season I began watching again once it started heating up. I used to be a real Lewis fanboy in his earlier years when he would dominate in the wet and similar adverse track conditions, but I moved away the more political he got and the more dominant the car became over the other teams' product. I'm still not particularly happy about that aspect; I mean the guy went from last to 10th, and 10th to 1st, in what's supposed to be the pinnacle of racing. Something is uneven when that's possible.

·
Premium Member
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
676 Posts
Agreed this year is a special year and has me glued to the sport like any other year. Let's hope for an exciting finish.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to the COTA race in Austin two years ago, it was amazing. Looking at hitting Miami next year and or Mexico. If any of our members here go to Monaco on their yacht, I’d be happy to buy my way on to that boat…. Serious.

·
Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,192 Posts
I went to the COTA race in Austin two years ago, it was amazing. Looking at hitting Miami next year and or Mexico.
I was on the pre-sale list expecting to go to Miami but they sold out before my number came up. Very disappointing. Also dissapppointing, I wish Lambo had a team in it. I’m left to watching GTD for the time being.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm excited about it and will watch but tend to agree with the above comments that most races are a two car race with 16 other on-track obstacles. For the most part not very interesting.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just started watching F1 earlier this year but quickly became quite disinterested.

When Hamilton sent Max to the hospital when he cut him off and then merrily gave multiple interviews immediately after that race without even saying that he hoped Max was ok, I lost all respect for Hamilton and Mercedes in general.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When Mercedes, a friggen German company, started marketing themselves as having moral superiority over the United States for Social Justice causes, I vowed to never own one. I'm a Max fan all the way, but healthy respect for Toto and Hamilton individually.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Been watching F1 since I got my first Ferrari 10 years ago well before Netflix. Everyone who complains about Hamilton's dominance must have memory loss about Red Bull and Vettel's reign, clearly an inferior driver that won due to a superior car. That said F1 was getting repetitive having the same driver and car win year after year.

The last several races have been a revelation in Hamilton's wheel-to-wheel racecraft. He can win from last place, in the wet and when getting brake-checked by Max. Vettel won by having the fastest car, getting an early lead and maintaining the lead. Vettel spins and crashes when wheel-to-wheel whereas Hamilton delivers when his back is against the wall.

This has been the most exciting season in awhile and the dynamics and personality clashes between Max and Lewis and even Horner and Wolff have made for some captivating races and is certainly more interesting than when Nico beat Lewis.

·
Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,192 Posts
I'm excited about it and will watch but tend to agree with the above comments that most races are a two car race with 16 other on-track obstacles. For the most part not very interesting.
NOOOOO. You're missing the beauty that exists beyond just finishing first! There are great battles that exist outside of first place. McLaren vs Ferrari being the obvious one. But looking at drivers as well, for example does George Russell outperform his car's abilities on race day or not, etc.!! If you look beyond who's in first there's much more joy to be had.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
NOOOOO. You're missing the beauty that exists beyond just finishing first! There are great battles that exist outside of first place. McLaren vs Ferrari being the obvious one. But looking at drivers as well, for example does George Russell outperform his car's abilities on race day or not, etc.!! If you look beyond who's in first there's much more joy to be had.
I really like Norris, Ricci, Russell and Tsunoda.

Russell was going to win in the Merc before his misfortune. Totally deserves a seat in the Silver Arrow. Will he take the fight to Hamilton and Max?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
This season has been phenomenal! It's been a close drivers and constructions championship all year (too bad Checo got crashed last race, would be closer between RB and Mercedes). I personally want Max to win because he seems like he's really giving it his all. That being said, I hope he doesn't run Hamilton wide or anything like last race lol.

Lewis whines too much for me to be a fan of his. He's also preachy about stuff, I just want to enjoy racing lmao

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Also, did anyone else see Alipine put "EL PLAN" on the wings of their cars? The meme has been fully embraced and I love it

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,192 Posts
I really like Norris, Ricci, Russell and Tsunoda.

Russell was going to win in the Merc before his misfortune. Totally deserves a seat in the Silver Arrow. Will he take the fight to Hamilton and Max?
I absolutely think he will. Bottas has had success winning races and think George most certainly will do better. It's just a matter of getting him seat time and it's too bad that Lewis wasn't a bit younger so that when he loses to George he won't be able to throw out the age card!! I'm sure he'll whine about that and who knows what else!

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.