• Black

Votes: 7 87.5%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I’m putting my order in finally and the last decision is matte white vs black. I lovethe black, but my wife brought up solid points about how the white shows more of the lines. I’m curious on what everyone’s opinions are. I know everyone’s taste are different. My interior is Terra Asia

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,482 Posts
I’ve had 2 Nero Noctis Lambo s and it is absolutely stunning and when polished all up there is nothing that can compare. Yes the air intakes fade into the black but you still see them. The only time you don’t see them very well is in photos. Just go look at one in person and you’ll see.

You can always dress up black with colored accent tape. I highlighted my front air intakes and you can even do the side vents. I don’t think it’s necessary but it is an option. The only way I like white is if it is a spyder with the black top. Nothing compares to black after a detail. It is a strong color and very dominant. For me it isn’t even a question of which one looks best. But that’s just me.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your input. I love black , to be honest all my cars have been black except for my wife’s. In the Spyder I absolutely love white. However, I agree that the black when polished looks amazing. Some good ideas in there. I would of course do the full wrap as well with xpel

·
Premium Member
17,482 Posts
Xpel is a must with black and makes twice as easy to care for. Black just looks so rich and has something no other color can offer.

Reactions: Delta5275

·
Registered
328 Posts
Matte white vs. gloss black or matte black?

Gloss black paint care is a labor of love.
Do you enjoy giving that love?
FWIW I would choose gloss over matte.

Matte black I am not a fan of.
To me it reminds me of primer painted hot rod.
FWIW I would choose matte white over matte black.

An important consideration may be the phrase, "Happy wife, happy life".

Good luck in your decision.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! It’s between matte white and gloss black. Not a fan of matte black either. I’m very used to the up keep if gloss black. I love black and like the white because it shows all the lines. Tough call.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
If you are aware of the "work" that a Black car takes you're half way there. Yes, the black does "hide" some body lines but , I have always found a way on my former black vehicles to highlight the important lines. You can "flat / matte" some accents or very subtle paint work (NOT 1980'S PIN STRIPING). :p but you can add some flair to the areas that need that highlighting. Hope I confused your decision some more. hahah There is no contest for a Clean, sharp, Black Car.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,550 Posts
Not a big fan of White or Matte White but Black with some colorful calipers would be nice. Black has an aggressive Darth Vader stealth look and feel to it.

·
Premium Member
17,482 Posts
Terra Asia interior will look incredible with black!

·
Premium Member
17,482 Posts
This car isn't black but just look at that beautiful contrast with gray, black is even better.

·
Premium Member
17,482 Posts
I have heard that repeatedly about black cars.......labor intensive but living in Texas with the intense sun/heat makes it a less desirable color for me.
I thought the same thing living in Hawaii, but I guess the trade winds made it pleasant. I really never left my black ones parked in the sun. So not bad at all.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,550 Posts
I really never left my black ones parked in the sun. So not bad at all.
That is very true these are not the kinds of cars that stay out in the sun much at all so that would be less of a factor. Though with a DD that is an issue. My wife and I both have Hondas as a DD and they are both white.

·
Premium Member
17,482 Posts
My wife just got a new White Honda HRV. I have a Met. Blue Subaru.

·
Premium Member
17,482 Posts
With that interior Black is a MUST! Sorry, I am just so parcel to black on these cars. I have had almost every color but orange and white and I always wish it was black.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
My preference, although it's not matt...but in white, she's stunning...IMO. Seriously lowered and widened by wheels/ tires...;)

·
Premium Member
17,482 Posts
Yes no question the Urus looks fantastic in white.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,550 Posts
I guess, as we often remark, beauty is in the eye of the beholder because I do not like the look of the Urus irrespective of color but to each their own.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts