Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ordering an Evo later this year and would like a matte black finish, but I can't decide if I should get the matte Nero Nemesis paint or if Nero Noctis with XPEL Stealth would look exactly the same. I don't care about resale value.

Even if I got Nero Nemesis I'd still have to wrap the whole car in paint protection film so it's basically going to be $16k difference no matter what. But I'm wondering what the two options side by side would look like and which one would look better. Other things I consider is that if I just got matte paint every painted surface would have the same matte finish where as XPEL stealth only looks satin on the protected areas. Anyone have advice?

·
Registered
16 Posts
If your going to PPF it anyway, I would go with the gloss paint and stealth XPEL.

Matt paint is harder work to keep clean and a pain to repair, even chips. I have seen a few cars XPEL stealth and unless you really look you will never know.

New buyer will have the choice to keep matt or have in gloss as well and a chip free car. I don't think the next buyer will pay another 16k just because its matt paint so save your cash in my option

·
Registered
436 Posts
^^^^what he said.

·
Premium Member
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
589 Posts
Agreed what Chris V10 said. That is sounds advise and a great way to go and save some money.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Personally, I find that the nuances between matte, matte with stealth film, and glossy with stealth film are significant. I can easily pass the Pepsi Challenge repeatedly across those three options. Hands down, the best pure look is matte without film, but that is a nonstarter. I have been stuck in this exact conundrum as I have attempted to complete my STO spec for 3 months (I am driving my dealer bonkers). I have 5 cars, all with glass paint, including a Rosso Mars Performante. I really want my STO to be matte. I was targeting Nero Pulso. I just can’t get myself to where I am confident enough to pull the trigger. Another factor is the door jam. Finishing off glossy door jams is total brain damage. By the way, all 5 of my cars have every surface material covered in PPF.

·
Registered
393 Posts
2018 Performante. Nero Nemesis with Xpel stealth and Ceramic. Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky
ceramic.

Reactions: GrayFoxMGS

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Although some of these photos are taken with ideal lighting, I think Nero Noctis with XPEL stealth has more specular highlighting than a true Nero Nemesis, which is more diffuse.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Which do you prefer?
I haven’t had a chance to see Nero Nemesis in person or an XPEL wrapped Nero Noctis, but I may just go with Nero Noctis because if something gets through the XPEL wrap and the panel has to be touched up it won’t be as difficult to fix as the matte paint finish.

·
Registered
2022 Huracan STO (ordered)
17 Posts
Hi,
Have you made any decisions regarding this subject? I ordered an STO and I’m really considering a matte finish instead of a clear paint with XPEL stealth as it’s not really the same.
The thing is I’ve never seen a warped car with stealth warp on it, and just 1 car with matte finish (and loved it!) hence why the big dilemma.
What have you ended up doing and are you pleased with you decision? Thanks for the help in advance ? :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I
Hi,
Have you made any decisions regarding this subject? I ordered an STO and I’m really considering a matte finish instead of a clear paint with XPEL stealth as it’s not really the same.
The thing is I’ve never seen a warped car with stealth warp on it, and just 1 car with matte finish (and loved it!) hence why the big dilemma.
What have you ended up doing and are you pleased with you decision? Thanks for the help in advance ? :)
I ordered my EVO with Nero noctis with gloss black paint and will be wrapping it with XPEL stealth for the matte look. I chose this route in case I have to make any repairs to the paint someday the matte finish will be difficult to match properly.

I have a car that’s wrapped in a matte black wrap and for the most part you can’t tell it’s wrapped unless you know where to look.

A matte car should probably be fully wrapped anyway with some kind of clear PPF.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Both matte paint and Xpel stealth are great options. I know people with both Lambo factory matte paint and shiny paint with Xpel stealth.

Both look great! I like stealth because you can change the look of the car very easily. I like matte paint because it has more depth and looks amazing. If you are certain you want matte get the factory option. If you want the option to change you can't go wrong with stealth, it looks good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I

I ordered my EVO with Nero noctis with gloss black paint and will be wrapping it with XPEL stealth for the matte look. I chose this route in case I have to make any repairs to the paint someday the matte finish will be difficult to match properly.

I have a car that’s wrapped in a matte black wrap and for the most part you can’t tell it’s wrapped unless you know where to look.

A matte car should probably be fully wrapped anyway with some kind of clear PPF.
Both matte paint and Xpel stealth are great options. I know people with both Lambo factory matte paint and shiny paint with Xpel stealth.

Both look great! I like stealth because you can change the look of the car very easily. I like matte paint because it has more depth and looks amazing. If you are certain you want matte get the factory option. If you want the option to change you can't go wrong with stealth, it looks good.
Thanks for the advice! If I didn’t plan on taking the car to the mountain roads and a few track days I would have done a matte paint as this is the look I want for the car but as you’ve and people said it’s gonna need a paint protection especially for it’s use so the most logical route would be matte PPF for the protection and repairs if needed (as we do plan to keep the car for a few year and enjoy it).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Saw three STOs last week in West Hollywood (O’Gara, Sunset GT affair)… the matte green looked outstanding… View attachment 299247
We’ve decided to stick with the verde turbine (green car in your photo actually) after looking at all the colors again as the only similar color is the verde gea (sian color) but it has a yellow hue to it, which I didn’t really love as the verde turbine which looks amazing IMO, we intend to keep the car for at least a 3 years so when the time comes we will just make it look new again if needed and just be more careful with the paint :) and I’ve heard matte paint finishes are way more durable than in the past which is good news (of course not the same as clear).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Good luck with your decision... my wife and I saw about a hundred cars at that Sunset GT gathering and both of us thought the verde turbine was an absolute killer- the best car, best color of them all...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts