Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm ordering an Evo later this year and would like a matte black finish, but I can't decide if I should get the matte Nero Nemesis paint or if Nero Noctis with XPEL Stealth would look exactly the same. I don't care about resale value.

Even if I got Nero Nemesis I'd still have to wrap the whole car in paint protection film so it's basically going to be $16k difference no matter what. But I'm wondering what the two options side by side would look like and which one would look better. Other things I consider is that if I just got matte paint every painted surface would have the same matte finish where as XPEL stealth only looks satin on the protected areas. Anyone have advice?

·
Registered
15 Posts
If your going to PPF it anyway, I would go with the gloss paint and stealth XPEL.

Matt paint is harder work to keep clean and a pain to repair, even chips. I have seen a few cars XPEL stealth and unless you really look you will never know.

New buyer will have the choice to keep matt or have in gloss as well and a chip free car. I don't think the next buyer will pay another 16k just because its matt paint so save your cash in my option

·
Registered
373 Posts
^^^^what he said.

·
Registered
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder, 458 Spyder
266 Posts
Agreed what Chris V10 said. That is sounds advise and a great way to go and save some money.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Personally, I find that the nuances between matte, matte with stealth film, and glossy with stealth film are significant. I can easily pass the Pepsi Challenge repeatedly across those three options. Hands down, the best pure look is matte without film, but that is a nonstarter. I have been stuck in this exact conundrum as I have attempted to complete my STO spec for 3 months (I am driving my dealer bonkers). I have 5 cars, all with glass paint, including a Rosso Mars Performante. I really want my STO to be matte. I was targeting Nero Pulso. I just can’t get myself to where I am confident enough to pull the trigger. Another factor is the door jam. Finishing off glossy door jams is total brain damage. By the way, all 5 of my cars have every surface material covered in PPF.

·
Registered
352 Posts
2018 Performante. Nero Nemesis with Xpel stealth and Ceramic. D3467C0B-D9C5-470F-BA0D-C819B3DD8FAE.jpeg BEED6A06-F282-4BCA-A328-83DF6DCB3ED1.jpeg 5977492B-B9B2-49F0-912B-9D9359AE16D8.jpeg 1D80ED17-2475-4CCC-8ABF-49A63554BDF7.jpeg 03C31F20-C6CD-4DE5-BACB-696C38A1FEB7.jpeg 366936F9-41A8-46D4-A4EC-93D4DF736DFA.jpeg ceramic.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Although some of these photos are taken with ideal lighting, I think Nero Noctis with XPEL stealth has more specular highlighting than a true Nero Nemesis, which is more diffuse.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Which do you prefer?
I haven’t had a chance to see Nero Nemesis in person or an XPEL wrapped Nero Noctis, but I may just go with Nero Noctis because if something gets through the XPEL wrap and the panel has to be touched up it won’t be as difficult to fix as the matte paint finish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts