Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m potentially going to list my 04 gated G soon if my new toy ends up being a TT LP or SL Gallardo. I mean it would be pretty cool to have two Gallardos in the garage But questioning if it’s the right move.
The details:
13k miles
LP front bumper
Eurocharged Performance ECU tune
Full custom exhaust made by Nth Moto (catless and Loc style exhaust)
New steering rack and ball joints
All fluids replaced (all of them)
New tires
New spark plugs
1 owner registered vehicle
Glass bonnet. (This is the FIRST car lambo put a glass bonnet on for retail market)
I recently resprayed the entire front end due to rock chips
I replaced windshield with a NEW, OEM one. Was stupid expensive
ZERO issues. ZERO leaks or seeps. Everything works as it should.

What do you guys think I should list it for? Given that everyone seems to be looking for one of these, I think it’s going to be an easy sale if priced correctly. Im on the fence if I should even list it or not given they are seemingly going up in value.
I’d love to hear everyone’s input.
Much thanks to all.
Aj

·
Registered
182 Posts
Very nice car. It has a lot of aftermarket goodies that I appreciate, but that does not necessarily translate into resale value. I assume you have about 60% left on your OEM clutch. Realistically I am guessing 95-100k

How do you like your tune? Any dyno numbers?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’m potentially going to list my 04 gated G soon if my new toy ends up being a TT LP or SL Gallardo. I mean it would be pretty cool to have two Gallardos in the garage But questioning if it’s the right move.
The details:
13k miles
LP front bumper
Eurocharged Performance ECU tune
Full custom exhaust made by Nth Moto (catless and Loc style exhaust)
New steering rack and ball joints
All fluids replaced (all of them)
New tires
New spark plugs
1 owner registered vehicle
Glass bonnet. (This is the FIRST car lambo put a glass bonnet on for retail market)
I recently resprayed the entire front end due to rock chips
I replaced windshield with a NEW, OEM one. Was stupid expensive
ZERO issues. ZERO leaks or seeps. Everything works as it should.

What do you guys think I should list it for? Given that everyone seems to be looking for one of these, I think it’s going to be an easy sale if priced correctly. Im on the fence if I should even list it or not given they are seemingly going up in value.
I’d love to hear everyone’s input.
Much thanks to all.
Aj
View attachment 290207
I’m looking at Gallardos right now and a car like yours seems to be $120-ish or so. Low miles gated, good condition. Ultimately it’s worth what somebody is willing to pay.

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
I’m looking at Gallardos right now and a car like yours seems to be $120-ish or so. Low miles gated, good condition. Ultimately it’s worth what somebody is willing to pay.
Maybe there is one crazy guy asking 120k, but that’s not the average asking price definitely not the average selling price. Knowing this has been resprayed, as long as it’s absolutely perfect might not matter. Did you clear bra it after? If not pretty silly.

As far as price, as long as far has no accidents and the car is clean, and you want to sell it relatively quickly, id list it around 105k. Did I miss it? Does the car have front lift?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Maybe there is one crazy guy asking 120k, but that’s not the average asking price definitely not the average selling price.

As far as price, as long as far has no accidents and the car is clean, and you want to sell it relatively quickly, id list it around 105k. Did I miss it? Does the car have front lift?
I think the more likely low mileage 2004 price would be $102-105k. There have been a handful of less desirable colors with 20k+ miles selling in the mid $90s.

I do think it being an '04 hurts it vs. 2005+ (as when I was recently shopping I ruled out 2004s given they lack the front lift you mention) but the color and miles are a big plus.

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
My 04 had front lift! Some do have it, that’s why I was curious if this one did

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Owali: I think thats low. I've had a couple serious offers of 105K already. The tune, just from my short drive home after I tuned it, it feels better than stock. Smoother really. I unfortunately couldn't get on it much bc of traffic. But from what others tell me, its a noticeable gain.

DJH69/JrMint: No front lift. But the paint work, its first class. VERY VERY nicely done. I am picky about it and the shop was too. So not really a huge concern but, still, a repaint. 120k, i'd love that, and ironically thinking of listing it at that price but settling at 110k... bc everyone will always want to feel like they got a deal. But yes, no accidents and no stories. Legit, 1 owner, well maintained with documentation.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Owali: I think thats low. I've had a couple serious offers of 105K already.

120k, i'd love that, and ironically thinking of listing it at that price but settling at 110k... bc everyone will always want to feel like they got a deal. But yes, no accidents and no stories. Legit, 1 owner, well maintained with documentation.
Thats awesome to already have strong offers. $110k would be great for the rest of us and I am all about it. Rising tide....
:)

·
Registered
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
48 Posts
The car is worth $120,000. Gated cars are a rarity period.

The ones commenting to list lower are ruining the market. Their are so few of these gated cars that us as the owners can set the price at what we want in all honesty. We should be driving the market way up on these things. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
The car is worth $120,000. Gated cars are a rarity period.

The ones commenting to list lower are ruining the market. Their are so few of these gated cars that us as the owners can set the price at what we want in all honesty. We should be driving the market way up on these things. Good luck.
You don’t ask sellers what the value is, you ask buyers. That car won’t sell for 120k period.

AJ, if you got 105k offers take it, you know how it goes with tire kickers, holding out for a few grand usually doesn’t end well.

·
Registered
2004 Lamborghini Gallardo
48 Posts
You don’t ask sellers what the value is, you ask buyers. That car won’t sell for 120k period.

AJ, if you got 105k offers take it, you know how it goes with tire kickers, holding out for a few grand usually doesn’t end well.
That’s your opinion, and you’re entitled to it. But if every owner of all of the gated Gallardo’s raised the price...what happens?

It forces the market up because if the buyer really wants one they have to pay if no seller is budging on the price.

I truly think these cars are going to skyrocket in price in the next 3-4 years. That’s my opinion.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That’s your opinion, and you’re entitled to it. But if every owner of all of the gated Gallardo’s raised the price...what happens?

It forces the market up because if the buyer really wants one they have to pay if no seller is budging on the price.

I truly think these cars are going to skyrocket in price in the next 3-4 years. That’s my opinion.
Maybe someday, but member Stoleit on this very forum has a nearly identical car but has a 570 front bumper, PPF, and newer clutch and is only asking 110k. Which means he will probably end up selling for 100-105k. As an owner, I want prices to rise, but we ain't there yet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I feel to the right buyer these are already in the $120k range with lower miles and a clean interior without the leather warping. Given all the maintenance you have performed on this car it should be in tip top shape. I searched high and low for nine months for a clean 6-speed example and they are few and far between in an attractive color option without a story. I found several black and silver examples or wrapped cars, but it was slim pickings during my search. Color definitely demands a premium and they sell quicker. With these cars one little difference can effect the value so it's really hard to compare to another sale or something that's been sitting on the market.

One sale I'd love to know more about was a 2005 black gated 6-speed (5,800 miles if my memory is right) that Roy had for sale around the same time I bought mine in August. I believe it was listed for around $132k. It did sit for a couple weeks, but Roy seems like a very fair guy and I can't imagine him pricing it that much higher than the market everyone is discussing. Sure there was wiggle room there for negotiation, but I would imagine the strike price was probably around $120k. Who knows though.

OP my two cents are these cars are rare and do require a certain buyer. You could probably sell it quick for the pricing discussed. If you don't need to sell the car though I would personally hold onto it and enjoy it a little longer. Especially since you're the original owner. Number of owners effects value and the story of a well maintained original owner Gallardo will bode well in the future if you decide to sell. Not everyone wants or can drive a true manual in the current Gallardo buyer's pool. However, the group that does want that will pay for it and I don't think $120k is out of the realm of possibilities in todays market for your car. It may take some time, but that buyer is out there and will appreciate/value the care you've put into it since you purchased it. I'm sure you have records too which also effects value.

Personally, I believe that these cars are going to slowly start increasing in value with good examples like yours. I also love the Gallardo and don't plan on ever selling mine, so maybe I'm biased a bit. I think it's a timeless car and will be a classic with time. It saved Lamborghini from bankruptcy after all! Whether everyone agrees or not, these cars are special and are the last manual transmission Lamborghini that will ever be produced. I'd personally hold onto it if you're on the fence, you're not going to lose any money on it going forward. l know I would regret it down the road. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I swear I see this same argument in every thread
I still can't understand how the gap is only 5-10k for a clean example and people argue over it at this price point. Higher mileage gated Gallardos with rougher interiors and with stories sell for $95-100k allegedly without too much hiccup. I can't understand how the gap is only 5-10k for a clean and colored example?
Honest question from a prospective buyer.... Is it still considered a "clean example" if it has had both paint and glass work? And a new front bumper (regardless of aesthetic upgrade).

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
I purchased a very clean 04 gated Blu Caelum Gallardo a few months ago with only 6,800 miles at the time. So I guess I'm in the buyer category. Mine also has the rare glass bonnet option for the 2004s. I think they are fairly comparable, at least in the market's eyes. Personally, I feel like a got a good/fair deal as it was an off market simple transaction that I sought out. As a result, I didn't argue on price. I still can't understand how the gap is only 5-10k for a clean example and people argue over it at this price point. Higher mileage gated Gallardos with rougher interiors and with stories sell for $95-100k allegedly without too much hiccup. I can't understand how the gap is only 5-10k for a clean and colored example? To me that's the deal of the century if someone prefers the Gallardo. They are not impossible to find (yet), but they certainly getting harder and harder to find as time goes on.

I feel to the right buyer these are already in the $120k range with lower miles and a clean interior without the leather warping. Currently, that's the top of the range and certainly just my humble opinion. Given all the maintenance you have performed on this car it should be in tip top shape. However, to get that price realistically it would have to be the right buyer and would probably take some time advertising in the right places like one these forums to limit the tire kickers. Someone would have to want a well maintained, lower mileage gated Arancio, but I believe that buyer is certainly out there. I searched high and low for nine months for a clean 6-speed example and they are few and far between in an attractive color option without a story. I found several black and silver examples or wrapped cars, but it was slim pickings during my search. Color definitely demands a premium and they sell quicker. With these cars one little difference can effect the value so it's really hard to compare to another sale or something that's been sitting on the market.

One sale I'd love to know more about was a 2005 black gated 6-speed (5,800 miles if my memory is right) that Roy had for sale around the same time I bought mine in August. I believe it was listed for around $132k. It did sit for a couple weeks, but Roy seems like a very fair guy and I can't imagine him pricing it that much higher than the market everyone is discussing. Sure there was wiggle room there for negotiation, but I would imagine the strike price was probably around $120k. Who knows though.

OP my two cents are these cars are rare and do require a certain buyer. You could probably sell it quick for the pricing discussed. If you don't need to sell the car though I would personally hold onto it and enjoy it a little longer. Especially since you're the original owner. Number of owners effects value and the story of a well maintained original owner Gallardo will bode well in the future if you decide to sell. Not everyone wants or can drive a true manual in the current Gallardo buyer's pool. However, the group that does want that will pay for it and I don't think $120k is out of the realm of possibilities in todays market for your car. It may take some time, but that buyer is out there and will appreciate/value the care you've put into it since you purchased it. I'm sure you have records too which also effects value.

Personally, I believe that these cars are going to slowly start increasing in value with good examples like yours. I also love the Gallardo and don't plan on ever selling mine, so maybe I'm biased a bit. I think it's a timeless car and will be a classic with time. It saved Lamborghini from bankruptcy after all! Whether everyone agrees or not, these cars are special and are the last manual transmission Lamborghini that will ever be produced. I'd personally hold onto it if you're on the fence, you're not going to lose any money on it going forward. l know I would regret it down the road. Just my two cents.
Many of these cars have sold for 80s. Very clean examples have sold for 90s. My old 04 is for sale now with around 37k miles and they are asking 95k. Now, that was also had some nice mods, front lift and a clear bonnet. The car has clear bra and it was in mind condition. No glass work and no paint work. The market speaks for itself, and 105k is the absolute top of the market. It would take a bit of work to even get 105k. You are in lala land if you think 120k is even in the realm of possibility.

I swear I see this same argument in every thread

Honest question from a prospective buyer.... Is it still considered a "clean example" if it has had both paint and glass work? And a new front bumper (regardless of aesthetic upgrade).
The front bumper upgrade doesn’t seem to bother anyone but the front being resprayed and glass work does bother me. It absolutely lowers the value for me but some wouldn’t mind so I didn’t lower my valuation. I’ll say this, I hope it was done right and clear bra after otherwise it was pointless.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That is a fair point. Personally, I think since the glass is OME I would be appreciative if it had a chip in it instead of fill. I also think I noticed that the review mirror is still the auto dimming mirror from the factory. If it is I would swap that out ASAP before it starts to leak.

I overlooked the paint work mentioned. Arancio is a hard color to match and a respray will effect value no matter how good or what color. In today's market you all are probably right at the $105k mark being top of market unless someone looks past that. I'd rather have a few small chips then a resprayed car.

I'd still stick with holding onto the car for a while.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Many of these cars have sold for 80s. Very clean examples have sold for 90s. My old 04 is for sale now with around 37k miles and they are asking 95k. Now, that was also had some nice mods, front lift and a clear bonnet. The car has clear bra and it was in mind condition. No glass work and no paint work. The market speaks for itself, and 105k is the absolute top of the market. It would take a bit of work to even get 105k. You are in lala land if you think 120k is even in the realm of possibility.

The front bumper upgrade doesn’t seem to bother anyone but the front being resprayed and glass work does bother me. It absolutely lowers the value for me but some wouldn’t mind so I didn’t lower my valuation. I’ll say this, I hope it was done right and clear bra after otherwise it was pointless.
Thank you for the information. It's inline with my thoughts as well. This being a car without a lot of mods and having the paint/glass work but with low miles worries me. Why were there so many rock chips in the paint and glass to warrant a respray and replacement within so few miles?

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
Thank you for the information. It's inline with my thoughts as well. This being a car without a lot of mods and having the paint/glass work but with low miles worries me. Why were there so many rock chips in the paint and glass to warrant a respray and replacement within so few miles?
Oh man, my Performante had clear bra and still had about 30 extremely tiny rock chips. I had it paint corrected, minor touch up and replaced cleared, but to your poking, I didn’t respray because original paint is always better period.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts