Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I noticed on my gallardo that I purchased that the interior map lights weren't working. From doing some searching on the forums, others who experienced this issue also had their glove box and trunk light not working. I checked mine and sure enough they both weren't working as well. I cant seem to find a post that has a definitive answer of which fuse it is to check or what their final solution was. All the posts just say check the fuses without reference to which actual fuse. I located the fuse box in the passenger footwell but noticed mine doesn't have a cover with a directory on it. That, or the directory is somewhere I am not looking as i am not sure where else it would be. I am hoping someone can tell me what fuse number the fuse would be to look at. Or if its a relay issue of some sort what relay it would be. The map light bulbs are replaced with LED bulbs. I started by pulling the assembly out and I tested the bulbs on a 12v source and they work. I know that led bulbs are polarity sensitive however in the map lights, I dont think it is possible to mix up the polarity in that style bulb. The trunk light is not led and I am assuming the glove box light has not been changed either however I am wondering if I have to undo the screws in the glove box roof to take the light off to check. I have attached a picture of the fuse box that I took in the passenger footwell. Any help would be great as I cant stand not having interior lights while driving the car at night.

Thanks in advance.

Circuit component Computer hardware Audio equipment Electrical wiring Electronic instrument

·
Registered
512 Posts
Just pull each fuse one at a time and make sure the internal wire is not severed, then put them back. Dont pull more than 1 at a time, so you do not forget which slot you pulled each out of. All told this will take a total of about 5 minutes and you will definitely find the blown fuse.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
You definitely just have a blown fuse, probably related to the LED bulbs. I'd get some standard incandescent bulbs and swap them out for the sake of troubleshooting. Once everything is working like it should then you can put in some new LED bulbs.

If I remember correctly the fuse descriptions are in a table on the back of the kick panel you removed to gain access to the fuse area as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.