Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :wave:

So one thing that has never been changed on my car are the caster rods or tie rods/bars that go from the body to the suspension arms. I'm thinking mostly on the front.

I have a noise and have replaced/rebuilt everything else on the front suspension so I'm thinking these next.

The arms from the factory are of course not available so I started thinking about making new ones or replacing the ball joint on the old ones.

There are a simple design and could easily be replicated. I found some caster arm ends used on Alfa GTV and 105 of the same era of course and these may be the source of the original joint. Mountings look very similar and they are built to do the same job.

The original arm joints looks to be just crimped into the tube with the adjustment part threaded at the other end. So I need to check threads but I think these tube dimensions are very similar to VW Type 2 steering rods and would even be very easy to make on my lathe from stock with the correct tap.

What do you think fellow owners ?

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
the speciak thing Eric is offering are the rods that have a thread and allow a very easy changing of the joints. The joints are no longer crimped...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes, a good idea that I also thought of before posting here.

I send him a message, I await his reply.

Lee
Hi Lee,

Sorry but not received any message. You can contact me at:
[email protected]
I used original FRAP parts same référence as the one used on Countach. It is curious that this solution was used on the Countach but not on the V8 cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts