Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Iam a veteran automotive technician wth years of experience at a luxury dealer. Not Lamborghini, I have a customer that will only let me touch his cars and is bringing in his 08 Murcielago and he wants the works done to it before summer. This is his list
-spark plugs
-rear trans fluid changed
-diff fluid changed
-oil change
-egear fluid replaced
-brake fluid replaced
-fuel filters
-cabin and air filters
Should there be anything else we replace/do? This will be his first major service at around 30k. Any tips would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Do you have the official shop manual? It shows the maintenance schedules and how to do these items. I would be worried if I were the customer and you didn't even have the manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Due to the location I am in we don't see these cars. Hence the reason I wouldn't have a shop manual. I have more then enough experience to handle the work. Iam just asking for some friendly advise.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Due to the location I am in we don't see these cars. Hence the reason I wouldn't have a shop manual. I have more then enough experience to handle the work. Iam just asking for some friendly advise.
I am trying to give you friendly advice. Don't touch the car until you get the shop manual. You may be the best mechanic in the world, but you weren't born knowing the strange way Lambo does things with their cars, including even things like oil changes on their dry sump engine. Your risk is huge if you screw something up due to parts prices.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Agree with Stimpy, Lamborghini's do things very different and there are several "tricks" and quirks you learn along the way. I've seen some very experienced ferrari techs work on Murcielago's performing simple maintenance and things went sideways.....

·
Registered
287 Posts
Our good friend Whiteout has a nice DIY page
LamboDIY

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
You won't be able to change egear fluid without a Lambo computer. Luckily, egear fluid doesn't need to be changed.

I would inspect hoses, brakes and look for any leak on the power steering hose in the engine bay (passenger side) and by front suspension. The ps is used for front lift and often a troubled area.

Coolant and valve adj are part of a major but often not out of spec at 30k mi

1 - 11 of 11 Posts