Lamborghini Talk banner
10K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  kev647 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a dream of purchasing a Lamborghini Gallardo, but I've heard some things that are turning me away from the vehicle. The biggest worry I have is the tune up. I heard that the vehicle must be sent to Lamborghini every 10,000 miles at a minimum price of $15,000 and a month without a vehicle. Now, I'm never going to be super rich unless I hit the lottery, so this is a big concern for me. I would like someone to be able to confirm this. Also, any other information would be helpful such as the average insurance rates and other miscellaneous maintenance costs. I really need to know everything except the price of the vehicle itself. Any answers would be extremely helpful. Thank you.

#3 ·
First of all, there's no such thing as a "tune up". Not for the last 20 years anyway. It has the same maintenance items as a regular car, oil changes, filter changes, clutches, etc.

If you're willing to wrench on the car yourself you can run it for about 60cents per mile. This is an average over a long time including all big services and maintenance items (brakes, clutches, etc). Some years you'll spend 5k, some years you'll spend $200.

#7 ·
You want me to do what to my spreadsheet?!?! Oh... Like that...

#11 ·
I heard that the vehicle must be sent to Lamborghini every 10,000 miles at a minimum price of $15,000 and a month without a vehicle.
And this is why you don't believe "people" in general.... they probably said that owning a Lamborghini is illegal in your state, too... :rolleyes:

I really need to know everything....
Well... better get on it. The search key is a good place to start.
But much like higher education, you really only get out of it what you put into it.

#12 ·
And this is why you don't believe "people" in general.... they probably said that owning a Lamborghini is illegal in your state, too... :rolleyes:

Well... better get on it. The search key is a good place to start.
But much like higher education, you really only get out of it what you put into it.
Amen. When my dad bought his G55 AMG people told him that he his gonna have a hole in pocket, here is just paying roughly two grand a year. People these days.

#13 ·
It seems that there are 3 types of people when it comes to exotic cars.

1. Those that have them and "get it" (understand that it's something amazing that enriches your life) and encourage/help/inform others to get them to the same point. This is by far the smallest group and most of them are on this forum ;)

2. Those that have them and don't want YOU to have one so they can continue to feel more important and special than you. These will either make up stories about incredible maintenance costs or proudly show how they were actually completely ripped off. Both to scare you or to show off how much money they have. (dare I say f-chat? :D just kidding!)

3. Those who don't have one, and don't want you to have one either (jealous) and will try to discourage you with all kinds of BS.

Of course I'm generalizing. But sadly this is the mentality most people have in North America. Funny enough people here in Italy are much more financially conservative (less consumerism) and are much less likely to work their asses off to buy something very expensive (More focus on quality of life, less on materialism), and yet people find it much less "crazy" that I have the G than people back in Canada did and I've yet to find any jealous haters. Here it's seen more as a "bella cosa de la vita" rather than a flash status symbol.

#16 ·
people here in Italy are much more financially conservative (less consumerism) and are much less likely to work their asses off to buy something very expensive (More focus on quality of life, less on materialism), and yet people find it much less "crazy" that I have the G than people back in Canada did and I've yet to find any jealous haters. Here it's seen more as a "bella cosa de la vita" rather than a flash status symbol.
New goal for kev: continue to work like crazy in the states and then retire in Italy. :)

#14 ·
Gvan, thank you for interesting information and types of people. I agree with you absolutely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.