Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me the maintance required and what cost to maintain the Gallardo, I am hearing it is less than the Ferrari. I want to buy one but in the dark as to the expense to keep it up.

Thanz,

·
Registered
16 Posts
randall reeves said:
Can someone tell me the maintance required and what cost to maintain the Gallardo, I am hearing it is less than the Ferrari. I want to buy one but in the dark as to the expense to keep it up.

Thanz,
I think thus far - most of us have found it to be really low... You have a 1500 mile service and checkup... (my dealer did this for free) others I have heard was around 350 dollars. The next service is the 7500 mile service (I am only at 2100) - but I have heard this service is fluids, oils, filters, etc. and I have read around 600 dollars.

As compared to my ferrari's (Vintage and a 355 Spider) - this a very inexpesive exotic car to maintain. You also have timing chains rather than belts (the new Ferrari F430 was the first modern ferrari to use chains) - so compared to the 360, 355, 3X8 - you do not have to worry about heavy maintenance costs for belt replacement (which in all but the 360 - required an engine out service) which would cost anywhere from the bare basics of 4K to 10K every 3 - 5 years or 30K miles - whichever came first.

With that in mind - i would say that the Gallardo should be more on the line of the porsches I have had from a maintenance perspective - but it may be a bit early to tell what the situation will be in a few years.

The only thing with Lambo's and all wheel drives is the clutch - if you take off in a hurry and improperly - you will go through a clutch pretty quickly (manual trans). Which I believe to be the weak point of Lambo's.. As opposed to a Porsche - where the clutch is a little more bullet proof... The clutch costs are around 3500 or so...

Hope that helps...

Rich

·
Registered
28 Posts
My U.S. Gallardo specifically has a coupon for a free 1500mi service at a dealer.
Perhaps others were talked in to additional maintanence.
The 7500mi or yearly maint should just be checks and fluids/filters.

In short: go for it!

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I just had my 24,000 km (15,000mi) service. Cost was about $US1,200 all up. Service is the smallest cost on the car. If you want to worry about anything, worry about depreciation - easily the biggest cost - and perhaps insurance if you have a poor risk profile.

·
Registered
68 Posts
mhh said:
If you want to worry about anything, worry about depreciation - easily the biggest cost
Good point. If we want to worry about costs, we should consider depreciation in addition to maintenance, etc. Basically total cost of ownership. Which depreciates better, Ferrari or L? I tend to think F-cars depreciate a little better from the start, but after 3-4 years, the Ls seem to hold up pretty good too.

I say get the car you want because at the end of the day it probably wont make more than 5-15% difference

·
Registered
7 Posts
the 1,500 miles service is free from lamborghini. anything after that is customer pay. The service is $600 to $650. Depending on your driving habbits you should change your oil every 4500 miles that is if you drive your car every day or every other day but, if you store you car and drive it once a week then go by what the service book tells you that way you wont kill your engine fast. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts