Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after a year with my 2019 huracan 580-2, i decided to make the switch to a 2018 aventador s. i have always been drawn to the aventador, but had only driven the first generation aventador previously. the s version felt a ton more agile and smoother (relatively speaking). this one had extremely low miles and every carbon option--it was too perfect to pass up! i went to michigan to check it out last weekend and pulled the trigger. i traded in the huracan and my bentley, plus plentyofcash besides :) ppf getting done, then ships to me (just in time to put it away for a few MN winter months--i put myself through the same torture last winter!) after i get some good time in it, i will post some reactions comparing the two in the aventador section--i saw a similar discussion recently. really enjoy reading these threads, and will try to be more active sharing going forward! gary

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my wife also mocked my attire for the day--she said i tried to coordinate with the car.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,887 Posts
What incredible car! I have the same itch, just haven't scratched mine yet. If the right one came along I would probably give in. You have a beauty!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks! the car itch i have yet to scratch is to custom order a car. i have yet to go through that process (for any make), so living vicariously through you and others on this forum when it comes to that...

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,096 Posts
Man that is one great looking set of wheels! That's a fun color, enjoy!

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,222 Posts
The best spec on the S, congrats and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,096 Posts
Again great looking Aventador. Specs? How many miles were on the car when you snagged it? How much of the warranty is still remaining?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice! How does trading in works when you’re not local to the dealer?
Very slick in this case (my first time doing this)...basically did a walk around of my 2 cars with them, texted window stickers and service records, answered questions about tires, mileage, etc. they sent an enclosed truck and picked them up. Quite a bit of honor system. i did a lot of analysis on what trade in should be...and they were slightly above that, plus paid for the shipping. 24 hours after pickup, they called to say the cars were with them and all was good. Really good experience with justin/bob of lamborghini in Troy (detroit) Michigan! Very impressed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Again great looking Aventador. Specs? How many miles were on the car when you snagged it? How much of the warranty is still remaining?
Here is the window stickers spec...per the window sticker, original owner spec’d the 5 year lamborghini warranty at a cost of $12k, then traded in after only half that time. Warranty runs through 6/2023. I guess the original owner (had bought numerous cars from the dealer) had some health issues that grounded him for over a year...so he only put 241 miles on the car...basically brand new aventador, with 2.5 years of Lambo warranty, for over $150k off sticker...and very fair value on my trade-ins. Works for me! I had no problem acting very fast...jumped on a plane as soon as I saw the car and we talked things through, drove the car the following morning, and did paperwork and flew home :). Now just waiting for ppf and ceramic coating to be completed before it ships...agonizing wait! Of course, nothing like the months to wait until spring is here...I hate every one of you in Hawaii, Texas, and similar spots—where almost every day is an exotic car day!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,096 Posts
Here is the window stickers spec...per the window sticker, original owner spec’d the 5 year lamborghini warranty at a cost of $12k, then traded in after only half that time. Warranty runs through 6/2023. I guess the original owner (had bought numerous cars from the dealer) had some health issues that grounded him for over a year...so he only put 241 miles on the car...basically brand new aventador, with 2.5 years of Lambo warranty, for over $150k off sticker...and very fair value on my trade-ins. Works for me! I had no problem acting very fast...jumped on a plane as soon as I saw the car and we talked things through, drove the car the following morning, and did paperwork and flew home :). Now just waiting for ppf and ceramic coating to be completed before it ships...agonizing wait! Of course, nothing like the months to wait until spring is here...I hate every one of you in Hawaii, Texas, and similar spots—where almost every day is an exotic car day!
What a phenomenal deal! Wow 241miles that is indeed brand new. (y) Enjoy it and it drive it in the best of health! Sorry to hear the previous owner has health issues but, as we all know, and sometimes irrespective of age, there are a lot of land mines out there. A cautionary tale for all of us to appreciate and enjoy what we have while we still can!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,887 Posts
Wow a deal like that is rare indeed! You must have been at the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Very slick in this case (my first time doing this)...basically did a walk around of my 2 cars with them, texted window stickers and service records, answered questions about tires, mileage, etc. they sent an enclosed truck and picked them up. Quite a bit of honor system. i did a lot of analysis on what trade in should be...and they were slightly above that, plus paid for the shipping. 24 hours after pickup, they called to say the cars were with them and all was good. Really good experience with justin/bob of lamborghini in Troy (detroit) Michigan! Very impressed.
That's very nice and smooth transaction! How did you arrive at your trade-in price? I'm trying to figure out my car's trade-in value and lost at how to get a proper price.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Wow! Lovely S - Did you know that yellow is Lambo's most popular color (over all years!) - please post a thread on your impressions.
I would also like to know if you are going to put skid plates under the front and which ones? ENJOY!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts