Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gentlemen, it was a question about the Mac Studio and the Mac Studio Display. I was curious what the experiences of any current owner(s) have been. :giggle: The thread was not well responded to so I deleted it.

Attachments

Registered
I鈥檝e had companies send me a MacBook for work and I mail it back and buy a PC 馃槀. A mouse without two or more buttons and a command key in an awkward position to copy and paste is something I can鈥檛 give in to. Sorry for lacking in the help department for your deleted post, Albert.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I鈥檝e had companies send me a MacBook for work and I mail it back and buy a PC 馃槀. A mouse without two or more buttons and a command key in an awkward position to copy and paste is something I can鈥檛 give in to. Sorry for lacking in the help department for your deleted post, Albert.
I haven't owned a PC in 12 years. Love my Macs'!

Reactions: Rampante21

Registered
I was thinking of ordering a Mac Studio for my office so I don't have to bring my laptop with me. I haven't tried the monitors in person but I'm sure they are great if you don't mind the price. My 16" M1 Max MacBook Pro is by far the best laptop I've ever owned.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinking of ordering a Mac Studio for my office so I don't have to bring my laptop with me. I haven't tried the monitors in person but I'm sure they are great if you don't mind the price. My 16" M1 Max MacBook Pro is by far the best laptop I've ever owned.
Yes, agree the more youtube videos I watch they rave about the monitor build quality. You are correct it is a tad pricey, I am look at about $5K for both the Mac Studio and monitor.

Reactions: Hogdogfatkat

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I an Apple covert......no going back to windows.

Reactions: Rampante21

Registered
I an Apple covert......no going back to windows.
wish I didn鈥檛 support bill gates鈥 pocket book, but being raised on a PC and being a PC gamer as a kiddo, it鈥檚 what I know. If it makes anyone happy, I don鈥檛 use edge lol.

I think OP needs a projector in his backyard for the PC he is about to upgrade to. Then attach a loud sound system to further push out his joyous neighbor

Registered
Accepting a massive lambo tax is equivalent to accepting the Apple tax. Spending $2k for a high end apple pc is nuts when you can purchase an equivalent windows pc at half the price. To each their own
There is no equivalent windows PC. The new ARM based processors M1/M2 used in Macs are leaps and bounds better than anything offered in a Windows PC (Intel/AMD). The build quality is also on another level compared to any available laptop from other manufacturers.

If you do actual professional work (programming, game development, 3d modeling, etc) I don't think anything beats the MacBook Pro or Mac Studio.

If you are a causal user I believe the M1/M2 MacBook Air's are the best performance/value/quality of any laptop you can buy.

Apple lost its way during Jony Ive's reign when they became obsessed with making everything as thin as possible and the last generation of Intel MacBook Pro's were absolutely **** with heavy thermal throttling, but they came back strong and are back on top of their game now.

Reactions: Lambo2018

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There is no equivalent windows PC. The new ARM based processors M1/M2 used in Macs are leaps and bounds better than anything offered in a Windows PC (Intel/AMD). The build quality is also on another level compared to any available laptop from other manufacturers.

If you do actual professional work (programming, game development, 3d modeling, etc) I don't think anything beats the MacBook Pro or Mac Studio.

If you are a causal user I believe the M1/M2 MacBook Air's are the best performance/value/quality of any laptop you can buy.

Apple lost its way during Jony Ive's reign when they became obsessed with making everything as thin as possible and the last generation of Intel MacBook Pro's were absolutely **** with heavy thermal throttling, but they came back strong and are back on top of their game now.
Yes, plus with the Macs'/Apple computers I can figure out and workout any glitches AKA software issues on my own. I have read extensively on the topic and it has become a full fledged hobby. As to the build quality, I have never had an Apple device fail. Heck, they are like Texas cockroaches. :giggle: In fact, I still have my original 27" iMac that still performs flawlessly from 2010. Currently, I have four 27" iMacs in my home office plus a plethora of other Apple devices.........though, no Apple watch. As to the Apple watch if I didn't abhor things on my wrist I would get one.
The Apple company also represents something else a little more ethereal to me, and that is, a glimpse into the capabilities of the human spirit. Politics and corporate philosophy aside their collective achievements are a hopeful and promising sign, a beacon if you will, for humanity.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
wish I didn鈥檛 support bill gates鈥 pocket book, but being raised on a PC and being a PC gamer as a kiddo, it鈥檚 what I know. If it makes anyone happy, I don鈥檛 use edge lol.

I think OP needs a projector in his backyard for the PC he is about to upgrade to. Then attach a loud sound system to further push out his joyous neighbor
True, I was pissed about "golfgate" but the approach you suggest is not Win-Win. We worked out our differences and I promptly returned my handheld launchable thermonuclear device 馃殌 back to Walmart........what a pity, at the time I purchased it, it was on sale. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Registered

Well the devil is in the details鈥

Nothing beats AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3995WX it has a WHOPPING 64 cores with 128 threads! Granted the link I provided only has Apples M1 processor (has a piddly 10 cores and 10 threads).

remember, more cores and threads mean more multitasking processing speeds.

I do agree, that Apple has cornered the market on Quality AND user experience that can鈥檛 be touched. That鈥檚 why they can bilk consumers with their Apple tax.

Also, another thing to consider鈥 gamers are 100% windows platforms(NVDA&AMD graphics cards)鈥 as every year they are upgrading their GPUs/cooling/memory/etc鈥 something you really can鈥檛 do with Macs, since it鈥檚 a closed system.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts