Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 LP640 Balloon White
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this online, thought it might be of value to first timers like myself. For those who have done it themselves, any comments on what you see here? The video starts after the intake equipment has been removed. Is there a consensus on the best plug for a stock engine with aftermarket exhaust? Much appreciated.

·
Registered
297 Posts
There is really no need to take off the intake hoses as it is possible to access all of the plugs with the engine in. Replacing the plugs is not difficult you just want to have a good assortment of extensions with your socket set and make sure the engine is stone cold when doing it. I can do all 12 plugs in about an hour.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I use a GearWrench Magnetic Swivel Spark Plug tool part# 80546 It makes it so much easier when your removing and reinstalling spark plugs. I never use power tools to remove or reinstall a spark plug. You want to take your time with it and not rush this job, starting off with a cold engine. I usually will do the Passenger side first, then turn the engine on and let it idle making sure no issues are present. Then turn it off, let the engine completely cool down. Do the Drivers side after.

Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Spark plugs are Oem Part# 410905619.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Another invaluable tool is a magnet on an extendable rod (like an antenna). I always use one of these to lift plugs out and lower plugs in. I don't like to rely on the rubber adapter in the spark plug socket because if the plug drops it can land on the electrode and change the gap. Using a magnet you can eliminate this problem.

In fact I have a 4-5 different magnets on rods in my toolbox because often times you need different access and different levels of magnetic pull. A magnet that is too strong can be difficult to lower into an assembly because it gets pulled off course by surrounding steel. Other times you need a strong magnet to lift heavier items so having an assortment is useful.

That said I tend to use my lowest strength magnet the most. It is strong enough to handle the weight of a spark plug and it is the easiest to lower into tight to reach spots.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.