Lamborghini Talk banner

LP640 Front lower ball joints - HELP

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  johnson113 
#1 ·
Has anyone managed to work out and source the lower ball joints for the LP640 front suspension? Lambo only want to sell you complete arms at £1500. TRW 035-0002-394-009 is the part number from the seal... Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Looking at the EuroSpares website, the 2003 Murci and LP640 have the same part number for the lower Swingarm, other than there is "B" on the LP640 version. This would make me think that they are dimensionally similar apart from the inclusion of the ball-joint.

There's only 1 way to find out..... ☺

#3 ·
Thanks for that. I bet they are the same part, has anyone tried? 410407361B and at £145 each it's a huge saving. Still, it's a £20 TRW ball joint, so wonder if anyone had found anything as a replacement?

#5 ·
Just turned 6,000m from new, so guess it's on age or maybe even lack of use.

#7 ·
So the early Murcielago has a front arm with a separate ball joint. The front arm on the earlier cars is the same part number as my later car except with a B (for ball joint) at the end.

Front lower arm
410407152 - Early cars with no ball joint included - £1900
410407152B - LP640 cars with ball joint included - £1500

The ball joint for the early cars is part number 410407361B and at £145 each they are a lot cheaper than £1500 each for the complete arms.

Eurospares are going to order two in, as they are the same for the Diablo, at which point we can compare the TRW part numbers to see if they match the LP640 arms.

Ironically the earlier identical arm without the ball joint is £1900, so £400 more for the same part with less on it!

They are still £20 TRW ball joints mind, although finding them might be more hassle than its worth.

#10 ·
Ball joint parts arrived today and I can confirm that the lower ball joint that is fitted to the early cars and available separately, is the same part number as those on the LP640 that cannot be purchased separately.

TRW 030 0002 224 009 C 252084-1 >CR<

These numbers are written on the rubber casing of the ball joint for both parts. Standard TRW part if anyone can find an alternative.

So just goes to show when it comes to parts pricing Lambo are literally making it up.

See previous post for lambo part numbers.

Reactions: Stimpy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.