Lamborghini Talk banner

LP640 Exhaust

3K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  Fabspeed Motorsport 
#1 ·
I recently picked up a LP640. I also own a 05 Murci roadster. Along the life of Murci, i've collected several exhaust setups trying to get that F1 should out of the 05. I have Tubi, LOC, and Fabspeed. I think fully decat Primary and Secondary with fabspeed xpipe sounded best on the 05. The LP i just picked up has the LOC with secondary decat.

The pitch is nice but not FI scream so i am planning to install the Fabspeed xpipe with primary decat.

Question - looking at the LP with valves, i see that the valve switches the exhaust flow through either the muffler or goes straight out tailpipe. If this is the case, why the need for a exhaust system. If i use fabspeed primary decat and connect directly to exhaust then this will be shortest path out to exhaust (of course, i would plug the two open holes going to muffler. i'm confused. Or does the exhaust flow through muffler create the F1 scream?

Any insight from experts out there would be appreciated. Thx

Attachments

See less See more
#36 ·
Thanks for considering Fabspeed! The LP640 is probably the benchmark sound we all want our cars to sound like (yes that includes my 99 Porsche Boxster) :ROFLMAO: Depending on what setup you are considering, I personally prefer Lamborghini Murcielago Supersport X-Pipe Exhaust System. Bolts on, no lights, and sounds intoxicating! Can't get enough of the Super Cars of London video Paul Wallace put out last year, can NOT go wrong with this setup! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

SOL Murci

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.