Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a LP640. I also own a 05 Murci roadster. Along the life of Murci, i've collected several exhaust setups trying to get that F1 should out of the 05. I have Tubi, LOC, and Fabspeed. I think fully decat Primary and Secondary with fabspeed xpipe sounded best on the 05. The LP i just picked up has the LOC with secondary decat.

The pitch is nice but not FI scream so i am planning to install the Fabspeed xpipe with primary decat.

Question - looking at the LP with valves, i see that the valve switches the exhaust flow through either the muffler or goes straight out tailpipe. If this is the case, why the need for a exhaust system. If i use fabspeed primary decat and connect directly to exhaust then this will be shortest path out to exhaust (of course, i would plug the two open holes going to muffler. i'm confused. Or does the exhaust flow through muffler create the F1 scream?

Any insight from experts out there would be appreciated. Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
How's the cruising speed drone with the full cat delete Fabspeed x-pipe in the 2200-2700 RPM range in the 05?

My 04 just loves to drone hard around 2500 RPM, so I have had to put some cats back on in my exhaust experiments to have a car I can enjoy on long drives. The drone was so bad with previous exhaust combos, it felt like the interior was being torn apart, and I had to constantly shift between 4th, 5th, and 6th in around town freeway driving to say out of that drone range.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi Stimpy. i know what you are talking about. The worst was primary cat, secondary delete, tubi exhaust. That had drone in the same range as you described. The LOC was better. With Fabspeed, i replaced primary with fabspeed primary delete and used fabspeed xpipe. that was best combo for me. No more drone and i got lots of compliments for the sound. I didnt mind the gas smell (i actually like it). I guess that came with so much lawn mowing my parents made me do during summer vaca. Out of the 3, fabspeed sounded the best.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Primary delete, DTP exhaust, x2 O2 simulators. Thank me later.
From the videos I have seen and what others have said, that combo doesn't give an F1 scream. Do you have videos to show it does?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes check my instagram, I should have some videos there, if not I have some on my backup drive somewhere. Had a LOC on my Murci, swapped out with DTP and its noticeably louder and higher pitch. Tried to record the exhaust with my Zoom H6 and it still clips out. What you are probably hearing in a lot of videos is either clipping out or a "bassy" "boomy" kind of note. People go nuts when they hear this exhaust, including other Murci owners.

·
Registered
45 Posts
On the LP640 the following muffler setup will net you F1 sound, going from loud to Loudest

1. LOC with Straight Pipe
2. IPE muffler with Straight Pipe
3. DTP with Straight Pipe
4. Kreissieg muffler with Straight Pipe

·
Registered
643 Posts
On my past MSV I had Fabspeed primary cat, secondary Euro cat delete with stock exhaust and it screamed high pitch.
Current MSV, I have LOC alone...doesn’t sound as high pitched as my old system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
699 Posts
On my past MSV I had Fabspeed primary cat, secondary Euro cat delete with stock exhaust and it screamed high pitch.
Current MSV, I have LOC alone...doesn’t sound as high pitched as my old system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which MSV did you get?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On the LP640 the following muffler setup will net you F1 sound, going from loud to Loudest

1. LOC with Straight Pipe
2. IPE muffler with Straight Pipe
3. DTP with Straight Pipe
4. Kreissieg muffler with Straight Pipe
Anyone know how loud Fabspeed with straight pipe lands in the lineup above?

·
Registered
2007 LP640 Balloon White
65 Posts
Just took delivery of my '07 LP640 with the Meisterschaft exhaust and frankly I am blown away. Was a little nervous and there are no good sound clips online. This particular exhaust eliminates the secondaries and mine has the optional primary deletes (though they appear to be sport cats in the photos (anyone know for certain?) Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Coupe/Roadster V12 [2006+] | GTHaus. I owe you guys some sound clips (and will) as this is a worthy contender IMO for anyone considering an exhaust upgrade. No drone, a great deep bark at lower RPM but quickly escalates to a high pitch over 4500RPM or so. Loud but not insane, I don't feel like I need a valved exhaust for example but it's much more robust than stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts