Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just ran by the scales to get weight so theres no doubt of the fact and was surprised to see the results. This thing is much heavier than I thought!

This is with 18 gallons of fuel and nothing stripped from the car, complete with roadside aids, fire extinguisher etc. I even have a lighter weight super trofeo exhaust which shaved 30 pounds vs the stock exhaust.

3360lbs. I assume the dry weight they advertise doesnt include the radio option, and then for US models the bumper reinforcements for impact bars etc. View attachment 271404 View attachment 271406
If it was full of gas it would be close to 3400lbs 24-25 gallons is the max fuel capacity, and add in the oem exhaust around 3430lbs. This is actually lighter than the huracan which is kind of a strange truth.

The weight is about the same as all of the coupe gallardos with lighter weight options. Nothing structural really different but the seats, exhaust, and rear hatch are the largest weight changes on the gallardo chassis.

The STS is just a great car overall and has a little of everything including excitement, which makes it one of my favorite gallardos!
I'll have to admit that I fell for the marketing gimmick that it was "ultra light" the difference I felt vs the standard gallardo is probably more due to seat of the pants mind games and the added horsepower on the 570 and a slight weight advantage.

They always say cars have been getting heavier every generation by 5% due to safety enhancements and electronics offset by 10% power gains. Then they strip the 5% gain in weight by doing a special edition stradale version at the end of life to charge 50% more as they close out the generation.

Overall I'm still happy with the performance but now comparing apples to apples in specs with other cars it doesnt look as good as I once thought.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I'll have to admit that I fell for the marketing gimmick that it was "ultra light" the difference I felt vs the standard gallardo is probably more due to seat of the pants mind games and the added horsepower on the 570 and a slight weight advantage.

They always say cars have been getting heavier every generation by 5% due to safety enhancements and electronics offset by 10% power gains. Then they strip the 5% gain in weight by doing a special edition stradale version at the end of life to charge 50% more as they close out the generation.

Overall I'm still happy with the performance but now comparing apples to apples in specs with other cars it doesnt look as good as I once thought.
FYI, The LP560-2 with full fluids and factory exhaust is lighter and has a higher hp per pound ratio. Will be weighing an LP SL in a couple weeks. It will be interesting to see those results.

·
Registered
300 Posts

Haha, yeah. I was honestly expecting to feel this night and day difference on the track between my previous Gallardo and my SL. But it really wasn't that drastic. Still a super fun car though :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

·
Registered
75 Posts
looks as though car #106 sold from Lamborghini broward. Fairly quickly, and priced over $200k.

Only 1 Sts currently for sale
Did it sell or did they take it off the market? I was wondering how it sold so fast or if it was on consignment and they decided to remove it?

it looks as though there's always at least 1 on the market but no more than 3. do STS owners schedule when theirs are ready to be put on the market.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Did it sell or did they take it off the market? I was wondering how it sold so fast or if it was on consignment and they decided to remove it?

it looks as though there's always at least 1 on the market but no more than 3. do STS owners schedule when theirs are ready to be put on the market.
The last one at Lamborghini Charlotte sold in about 1 week

·
Registered
75 Posts

The last one at Lamborghini Charlotte sold in about 1 week
Why did the one in lamborghini north la take almost a year to sell? The buyer posted it when he got delivery on youtube

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got mine from lamborghini Charlotte as well. I missed the one they sold, what color was it? I would trade my red one with the white one if I ever had a chance, assuming it was same options.
Only 6’2”. But the one I sat in at Lambo LA had my head shoved into the headliner and felt like I was looking through the top of the windshield. Same with the HP with carbon buckets. And I didn’t notice any obvious height adjustments on the seat brackets like other makes. I’ve never felt too tall in any other car I’ve sat in.
Well, No Gallardo in my future. Went by Lambo Charlotte yesterday and test fit their Anniversary G and no way I could drive that for more than 5 minutes.

The sales guy put my in a Hurracan Evo and I was slightly more comfortable in it, but still....not nearly enough that I could comfortably and safely drive around town.

Oh well.....back to a Viper with seat brackets, a new Mustang GT350, or save more money and go for a 458.

Probably will end up on a GT350 so I can still row my own gears.

Feeling depressed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Awesome find. I prefer white over red but the premium they been selling the whites for are just too much right now
The reds are selling for a premium these days as well. The car from Lamborghini Broward sold quickly when listed over 200k, and another private party car recently listed at 208k that appears to have sold

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice to see the STS’s still holding value. I have #148 in the Seattle area. VIN 12567. Rosso Mars with carbon ceramic brakes. Original MSRP $320k. Still enjoying the car, but occasionally get that itch to get an Aventador. Friends insist that I do not sell it, due to the low production numbers.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Your car has some good things going for it like the low production number and color for two. Your friends advice to keep it makes good sense.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nice to see the STS’️s still holding value. I have #148 in the Seattle area. VIN 12567. Rosso Mars with carbon ceramic brakes. Original MSRP $320k. Still enjoying the car, but occasionally get that itch to get an Aventador. Friends insist that I do not sell it, due to the low production numbers.
It definitely is tempting, the body is starting to look really dated even though it was closer to the huracan lines vs the first gen gallardo.

The question is whether you would want rarity vs modern relevance and risking the cost of reentry for the former at a later date if you regret selling and miss having the limited edition one. All really depends on your objective and what makes you happy. Do I regret not getting a diablo when they were half today's prices? Yes if ticket price for entry is the only thing I'm considering, but if performance is what im seeking then no.

Maybe you should ask yourself what pleases you more about the cars you own today, is it the perceived value it holds or the overall fun factor you get out of it

·
Registered
909 Posts
It definitely is tempting, the body is starting to look really dated even though it was closer to the huracan lines vs the first gen gallardo.

The question is whether you would want rarity vs modern relevance and risking the cost of reentry for the former at a later date if you regret selling and miss having the limited edition one. All really depends on your objective and what makes you happy. Do I regret not getting a diablo when they were half today's prices? Yes if ticket price for entry is the only thing I'm considering, but if performance is what im seeking then no.

Maybe you should ask yourself what pleases you more about the cars you own today, is it the perceived value it holds or the overall fun factor you get out of it
I agree with everything you said with the exception of the body looking dated. The STS is an absolute stunner in my book :) . If I had the cash for one when I was looking for my car, I would have definitely picked one up!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I agree with everything you said with the exception of the body looking dated. The STS is an absolute stunner in my book /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/smile.gif . If I had the cash for one when I was looking for my car, I would have definitely picked one up!

Sorry I should clarify by dated I meant further from the more modern look they're redesigning towards, and not old as in ugly or not eye pleasing. Lol. I still think it is an art piece destined to remain exotic looking.

The newer models seem to be having more of a shorter height headlight as opposed to the rectangular shaped tail lights. It's more of a thinner slit that they look now I guess.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Nice to see the STS’s still holding value. I have #148 in the Seattle area. VIN 12567. Rosso Mars with carbon ceramic brakes. Original MSRP $320k. Still enjoying the car, but occasionally get that itch to get an Aventador. Friends insist that I do not sell it, due to the low production numbers.
You have a really special car, my vote (although meaningless) is to hold onto it! Unless you get a really special Aventador like an SV or SVJ, it will ultimately be just "another" Aventador. Granted, A's are awesome cars and the doors go up...but you have a car that represents a decade of refining the Gallardo into the best it can possibly be. Not to mention the rarity and the great spec on the car :). Just my $0.02

41 - 60 of 66 Posts