Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes I saw that one. Interesting how the low mileage ones are coming to market now. The seller claims the stickers are from the factory but a vin search shows the car without the stripes

Also they put an aftermarket stereo I dont know why one would do that in a car that hardly has any space to properly image the audio.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yes I saw that one. Interesting how the low mileage ones are coming to market now. The seller claims the stickers are from the factory but a vin search shows the car without the stripes

Also they put an aftermarket stereo I dont know why one would do that in a car that hardly has any space to properly image the audio.
The headunit & bezel looks particularly bad. To each their own though?

I noticed the comment about the tri-colore stripes... definitely not a factory item. Seems like a very nice car however.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Summer 2018 when I was considering one of these before I realized I couldn’t fit, Lambo LA had one listed at $169k for quite a while. Have these actually appreciated or are these dreamer prices? $210k seems way optimistic to me based on what else you can get for that amount.

And not a dig on the car at all, they’re amazing.
Hard to say really... I know a STS sold around October of this year for $189000 from Lamborghini Charlotte within a couple days of being listed.

Regarding comparisons to what else you can get for $210k - sure there are always faster / newer / whatever other comparisons you can think of cars out there... but this is the ultimate example of the Gallardo lineage, and there were only 31 cars brought into the US. That will always make these cars more valuable. I really cant think of any other cars produced in such limited quantities for less money?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hard to say really... I know a STS sold around October of this year for $189000 from Lamborghini Charlotte within a couple days of being listed.

Regarding comparisons to what else you can get for $210k - sure there are always faster / newer / whatever other comparisons you can think of cars out there... but this is the ultimate example of the Gallardo lineage, and there were only 31 cars brought into the US. That will always make these cars more valuable. I really cant think of any other cars produced in such limited quantities for less money?

31!?!? Wow, didn’t realize they were nearly that limited. That makes the 500 675LT coupes that I was comparing against sound like a dime a dozen. Thanks for the info. Like I said, really neat cars and I’m a huge fan of the G in general. Just wish I could fit with the buckets, or figure out a way to have them lowered. I researched a solution last summer, but no luck finding anything.

·
Registered
47 Posts
hey dewilmoth -

how big are ya that you don't fit?

Only 6’2”. But the one I sat in at Lambo LA had my head shoved into the headliner and felt like I was looking through the top of the windshield. Same with the HP with carbon buckets. And I didn’t notice any obvious height adjustments on the seat brackets like other makes. I’ve never felt too tall in any other car I’ve sat in.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Summer 2018 when I was considering one of these before I realized I couldn’t fit, Lambo LA had one listed at $169k for quite a while. Have these actually appreciated or are these dreamer prices? $210k seems way optimistic to me based on what else you can get for that amount.

I know the squadra course was even less production 50 worldwide and 15 only shipped to the US but then again I dont think the body kit was as nice and even didnt have carbon fiber on the bumpers. I an also unsure of the yellow for that car if it's the best match. I believe that car basically was built from a spare parts bin.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hey dewilmoth -

how big are ya that you don't fit?

Only 6’2”. But the one I sat in at Lambo LA had my head shoved into the headliner and felt like I was looking through the top of the windshield. Same with the HP with carbon buckets. And I didn’t notice any obvious height adjustments on the seat brackets like other makes. I’ve never felt too tall in any other car I’ve sat in.

You may need to swap the seats with the standard seats just to be more comfy if it's an issue. I also know some people who complains if they're over 6 feet tall.

·
Registered
75 Posts

I got mine from lamborghini Charlotte as well. I missed the one they sold, what color was it? I would trade my red one with the white one if I ever had a chance, assuming it was same options.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
The Gallardo LP570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale is a special car, and arguably the pinnacle of the Gallardo model line. While it was limited to 150 numbered cars worldwide, US production numbers were never released by Automobili Lamborghini. To satisfy my own curiosity, I began building a comprehensive list of all US spec STS's, including build numbers and color for both model years the car was offered.

Special thanks to Automobili Lamborghini, who was able to help me to track down the last couple VIN's, and verify the authenticity of the complete list.

What makes it the pinnacle?

·
Registered
11 Posts
You may need to swap the seats with the standard seats just to be more comfy if it's an issue. I also know some people who complains if they're over 6 feet tall.
Ahh ****! :mad: :mad: :mad: That is not good to hear. I'm 6'6''.....I might need to make a drive up to Charlotte. :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ahh ****! :mad: :mad: :mad: That is not good to hear. I'm 6'6''.....I might need to make a drive up to Charlotte. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I’d be shocked if you fit at all. It amazes me how poorly the Lamborghini bucket seats fit. Disappointing, because I have zero interest in owning one with the standard seats.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ahh ****! /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/mad.gif /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/mad.gif /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/mad.gif That is not good to hear. I'm 6'6''.....I might need to make a drive up to Charlotte. /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/confused.gif /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/confused.gif /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/confused.gif

I’d be shocked if you fit at all. It amazes me how poorly the Lamborghini bucket seats fit. Disappointing, because I have zero interest in owning one with the standard seats.
You might be able to use recaro club sport seats in there. They resemble bucket seats but can recline. I just saw someone with an r8 fit them perfectly. The interiors are the same dimensions so its 99% able to fit.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/p/27008390865

·
Registered
75 Posts
The Gallardo LP570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale is a special car, and arguably the pinnacle of the Gallardo model line. While it was limited to 150 numbered cars worldwide, US production numbers were never released by Automobili Lamborghini. To satisfy my own curiosity, I began building a comprehensive list of all US spec STS's, including build numbers and color for both model years the car was offered.

Special thanks to Automobili Lamborghini, who was able to help me to track down the last couple VIN's, and verify the authenticity of the complete list.

What makes it the pinnacle?
This subject has been debated on the forum before and everyone has its opinion. I am biased bec I got one but I got one because I only got it since it was the one gallardo aside from the SL i would want to get. And between choosing the SL and the StS of course I would want the STS bec it's the extreme of the two.

The STS pounds per horsepower people hardly mention but with a dry weight of around 3k pounds puts it at 5.25 pounds per hp. It truly makes it a fun car to drive. I guess him saying it is the pinnacle is saying it's the highest performing edition of a model that basically got lamborghini back on its feet as a production car manufacturer.

All I say about the car is if you like the gallardo, or you want a special lamborghini that can still perform to modern standards, get one if you can get your hands on it bec it will give you tons of fun. Look at youtube videos of some sts owners and you will see it's not a bad choice over different exotic cars out there.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Lamborghini uses the same weight for the LP550-2 and LP560-2 50TH. That is incorrect as the carbon seats in the 50TH drop about 70 lbs not to mention the weight reduction of the manual, Alcantara, rwd, and light weight wheels compared to the LP550-2. That would put the LP560-2 around 2942lbs. The perceived lightest models may just not be the only light weight cars or even the lightest. Some will argue the weights are not accurate but even if so they show the relative weights between the models and which cars are lighter. It would be interesting to get actual weighed cars with full fluids.

2014 Lamborghini Gallardo weight by trims

[18238] LP570-4 Squadra Corse 2dr All-wheel Drive Coupe – 3968 lbs.
[18237] LP570-4 Superleggera Edizione Tecnica 2dr All-wheel Drive Coupe 2954 lbs.
[18234] LP550-2 2dr Rear-wheel Drive Coupe 3042 lbs.
[18241] LP560-2 50th Anniversario 2dr Rear-wheel Drive Coupe 3042 lbs.
[18236] LP560-4 2dr All-wheel Drive Coupe 3109 lbs.
[18240] LP570-4 Performante Edizione Tecnica 2dr All-wheel Drive Spyder 3274 lbs.
[18235] LP550-2 2dr Rear-wheel Drive Spyder 3351 lbs.
[18239] LP560-4 2dr All-wheel Drive Spyder 3417 lbs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Lamborghini uses the same weight for the LP550-2 and LP560-2 50TH. That is incorrect as the carbon seats in the 50TH drop about 70 lbs not to mention the weight reduction of the manual, Antara, rwd, and light weight wheels compared to the LP550-2. That would put the LP560-2 around 2942lbs. The perceived lightest models may just not be the only light weight cars or even the lightest. Some will argue the weights are not accurate but even if so they show the relative weights between the models and which cars are lighter. It would be interesting to get actual weighed cars with full fluids.

2014 Lamborghini Gallardo weight by trims

[18238] LP570-4 Squadra Corse 2dr All-wheel Drive Coupe – 3968 lbs.
[18237] LP570-4 Superleggera Edizione Tecnica 2dr All-wheel Drive Coupe 2954 lbs.
[18234] LP550-2 2dr Rear-wheel Drive Coupe 3042 lbs.
[18241] LP560-2 50th Anniversario 2dr Rear-wheel Drive Coupe 3042 lbs.
[18236] LP560-4 2dr All-wheel Drive Coupe 3109 lbs.
[18240] LP570-4 Performante Edizione Tecnica 2dr All-wheel Drive Spyder 3274 lbs.
[18235] LP550-2 2dr Rear-wheel Drive Spyder 3351 lbs.
[18239] LP560-4 2dr All-wheel Drive Spyder 3417 lbs.
I just ran by the scales to get weight so theres no doubt of the fact and was surprised to see the results. This thing is much heavier than I thought!

This is with 18 gallons of fuel and nothing stripped from the car, complete with roadside aids, fire extinguisher etc. I even have a lighter weight super trofeo exhaust which shaved 30 pounds vs the stock exhaust.

3360lbs. I assume the dry weight they advertise doesnt include the radio option, and then for US models the bumper reinforcements for impact bars etc. 20191221_130821_1576963563413.jpg 20191221_132549_1576963819154.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping, since I fit and have driven a Ferrari 458, that I would fit in the G.

Guess I'm going to Charlotte with the wife in a couple weeks for a test fit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping, since I fit and have driven a Ferrari 458, that I would fit in the G.

Guess I'm going to Charlotte with the wife in a couple weeks for a test fit.

I have tons of room in a 458, and the 458 carbon racing seats are absolutely fantastic. Please report back once you have a test fit.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I just ran by the scales to get weight so theres no doubt of the fact and was surprised to see the results. This thing is much heavier than I thought!

This is with 18 gallons of fuel and nothing stripped from the car, complete with roadside aids, fire extinguisher etc. I even have a lighter weight super trofeo exhaust which shaved 30 pounds vs the stock exhaust.

3360lbs. I assume the dry weight they advertise doesnt include the radio option, and then for US models the bumper reinforcements for impact bars etc. View attachment 271404 View attachment 271406
If it was full of gas it would be close to 3400lbs 24-25 gallons is the max fuel capacity, and add in the oem exhaust around 3430lbs. This is actually lighter than the huracan which is kind of a strange truth.

The weight is about the same as all of the coupe gallardos with lighter weight options. Nothing structural really different but the seats, exhaust, and rear hatch are the largest weight changes on the gallardo chassis.

The STS is just a great car overall and has a little of everything including excitement, which makes it one of my favorite gallardos!

21 - 40 of 66 Posts