Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Gallardo LP570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale is a special car, and arguably the pinnacle of the Gallardo model line. While it was limited to 150 numbered cars worldwide, US production numbers were never released by Automobili Lamborghini. To satisfy my own curiosity, I began building a comprehensive list of all US spec STS's, including build numbers and color for both model years the car was offered.

Short summary - there are 31 Super Trofeo Stradale's for the US. Details below

Special thanks to Automobili Lamborghini, who was able to help me to track down the last couple VIN's, and verify the authenticity of the complete list.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Outstanding work Big Greasy Taco!

I know how hard it was to compile the list for US spec LP manuals so I can appreciate the effort you expended. These registries for various models will prove extremely useful in the future for tracking the history of these cars. Thanks for making this happen.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Outstanding work Big Greasy Taco!

I know how hard it was to compile the list for US spec LP manuals so I can appreciate the effort you expended. These registries for various models will prove extremely useful in the future for tracking the history of these cars. Thanks for making this happen.
Thanks! Also, the contact at Lamborghini USA was very helpful. Appreciate the lead :)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Wow thats great you were able to compile that. Surprising to see only 1/5 of the STS made it to America - when I think roughly 40% of Lambo sales were in the US.

Were all the 150 cars completed of did they stop production early (i.e. Murci SV)?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They never made all 150 cars. I didnt get a total production number out of Lamborghini NA, but there are big gaps between the xxx/150 build numbers (ie it jumps from 100 to 110 for example), meaning some were definitely skipped. here and there

·
Registered
75 Posts
After doing some research on this particular model I found that numbers 140 to 150 were produced in 2013.

It appears also that since they didnt sell out so quickly that the squadra corse was a business way for them to sell the surplus from the parts bin and sell pretty much the same car with a different name and other color options. Only difference I can see in the squadra is the body kit.

They probably allocated around 250 pieces of sts unique parts like the engine bonnet from their supplier where 100 were for replacement parts and later decided since demand was not so great turn around and sell the remaining 50 spare parts on a production car and just call it a different name. Probably explains why they didnt decide to badge them x out of 50.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I been helping compile a list of the super trofeo worldwide and up to 32 cars. Around 115 more to go. I know at least 3 are no longer in existence.

Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale

Please upload pics of any cars not yet listed if you can.

Thanks
Which 3 are no longer in existence? Also, I found a couple discrepancies in your registry based off info provided by lamborghini NA. PM me sometime to discuss :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I been helping compile a list of the super trofeo worldwide and up to 32 cars. Around 115 more to go. I know at least 3 are no longer in existence.

Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale

Please upload pics of any cars not yet listed if you can.

Thanks
Which 3 are no longer in existence? Also, I found a couple discrepancies in your registry based off info provided by lamborghini NA. PM me sometime to discuss /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/smile.gif

I know one in australia caught fire, one totaled in Taiwan and one in China.

It was documented in the press that these were notorious for being wrecked shortly after being purchased simply because their owners were too excited to do crazy stuff on the streets

Frankly I dont think the car is dangerously fast or hard to control so it was probably just irresponsible driving for the two in asia.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Summer 2018 when I was considering one of these before I realized I couldn’t fit, Lambo LA had one listed at $169k for quite a while. Have these actually appreciated or are these dreamer prices? $210k seems way optimistic to me based on what else you can get for that amount.

And not a dig on the car at all, they’re amazing.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts