Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I'm in the process of doing a front and rear upgrade. I'm using all oem parts except the carbon diffuser which I sourced from ebay and the front bumper from a forum member.

The rear bumper, grille and tips (now not using) were bought from a member here as well.

I sourced the lights, light brackets heat shields and all hardware from Serge the youtube guy here in Sac.

To anyone that has done this did you keep the threaded rods that secure the bottom of the quarter to the chassis?? I seem to have interference with this rod and the light bucket.

So far I have fit the buckets, lights the center piece and rear grille. Its definitely not just a simple bolt on. There is some minor things that need to be "adjusted" to bring it all together.

I'll start the tail light wiring tomorrow which should be a breeze after watching the tavarish video, however I'm going to use the oem plugs and marry the old and new together so that I utilize the oem parts as much as possible.

Since I am doing just the rcs 570 style I'm hoping it will be a faster process than the rear.

Garage is a total mess but thats where I do my best work!! Lol, lol

·
Registered
291 Posts
Looks good man. Are you going to get everything installed and then take the car for paint or take the bumpers off and paint them once you know the fitment is good? I think I would have at least facelifted the rear of my 2008 by now if it wasn't for how silly expensive that rear grille is!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I really wanted to figure out how it all went together first. I didn't do the front yet but since its one large part I just went ahead and had it all prepped.

Should have it all back by this coming Monday.

I did figure out on my own the you need to slot that all thread mounting bar to use as a third mounting point for the tailight bucket.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Parts painted and install full steam ahead. I do need to adjust the pass side tail light over a tad, Ill do that Sunday
next biggest thing is to get to the muffler shop to have the exhaust pipes done to match the LP570 tips after that the bumper can go back on and then Ill tackle the front. I ordered carbon fiber skirts and that SHOULD be the last of my mods on this car.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Great to see this coming together ! Inspiration maybe I'll put mine together. I haven't been able to find an exhaust shop that wants to touch it. Any tips / tricks to share for those of us that may tackle it in the future ?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great to see this coming together ! Inspiration maybe I'll put mine together. I haven't been able to find an exhaust shop that wants to touch it. Any tips / tricks to share for those of us that may tackle it in the future ?

Thanks Sho off & Nyc.Lambo,
My local exhaust shop took about 3.5 hours to fab up the tips. one was a little rough but it worked out. I am going to header wrap as much of the exhaust system to try and save the skeleton from all the heat. I would say get as many OEM brackets and light buckets. Even with the oem stuff you still need to fab stuff to make it fit. One thing Audi could have done to make it easier would have been to leave the mounting bolt holes in the same pattern as the pre lp cars on the bumper support. The legs are shorter and would save any cutting to the pre lp one.

Wiring the lighing was really easy, I just followed what Tavarish did on one of his videos. Be sure to mock up everything prior to getting anything painted. Let me know if you have any other questions

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ok good to know. Did you use the factory mounting brackets for the lights and wiring ? Do you have stock exhaust or aftermarket ? I have my fox body mustang torn down and about to pull the engine not ready to start on this but man it's inspiring to put on parts been sitting in my garage way too long. Looks great ! Love to see more Lambo DIY work.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok good to know. Did you use the factory mounting brackets for the lights and wiring ? Do you have stock exhaust or aftermarket ? I have my fox body mustang torn down and about to pull the engine not ready to start on this but man it's inspiring to put on parts been sitting in my garage way too long. Looks great ! Love to see more Lambo DIY work.
Sho off , yes oem mounting hardware, tail lights, rear panel exhaust tips were all from 2011-12 performante.

The pre lp lights were easy, I did have to use one connector that I had laying around for the side marker.

Exhaust is aftermarket i don't recall the brand.

·
Registered
2010 LP560-4
70 Posts
Mate that looks phenomenal, great job!
iIs your car lowered? do you have a side pic, I'm curious how the wing looks on a spyder? I have 2010 lp560 with the 570 kit and I love it but I haven't done the 570 wing just standard pop up one.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mate that looks phenomenal, great job!
iIs your car lowered? do you have a side pic, I'm curious how the wing looks on a spyder? I have 2010 lp560 with the 570 kit and I love it but I haven't done the 570 wing just standard pop up one.
Thanks Pete_360!,
Car is lowered just a smidgen, ill post a side for you tomorrow. The wing was on the car when I got it.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Great looking update! Do you plan to install the lower fog light in the center of the euro-spec diffuser?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great looking update! Do you plan to install the lower fog light in the center of the euro-spec diffuser?
Iownedu, yes it'll be here Tuesday, picked one up from eurospares. I thought I would wire it as a brake light but think it'll be redundant as there is one at the spoiler. It'll fill the hole at least lol

·
Registered
741 Posts
Iownedu, yes it'll be here Tuesday, picked one up from eurospares. I thought I would wire it as a brake light but think it'll be redundant as there is one at the spoiler. It'll fill the hole at least lol
Gotcha, I need to figure out if mine works. I know it is wired up from when I did my last oil change, I think we have a fog switch on the dash but it may not be active on US models?

Next time I'm around my car I'll look at it, if it doesn't work I may tie it into one of the side marker lights as a 3rd taillight basically.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.